I picked up a crusty Summarit with 1950s serial number for a fair price last week.
The front element is pretty scratched up and has two small pits in it. Looks like somebody dragged it along a gravel pathway.
The aperture ring was binding quite a bit and really didn't like being disassembled.
The sequence of taking it apart is similar yet differs in some important places from the Leitz Xenon.
I took it apart, washed the grime of some parts, cleaned up the threads and lubricated them with fresh rifle grease.
After cleaning the lens surfaces I took a fine-line pen and filled in the pits in the front element with some ink.
Sunday it was time to mount it on the M-E, put a XOONS hood on it, and take it with me for a walk to see if this was such a flare and glow monster people make it out to be....
Verdict: Guarded from stray light it's actually a nice performer. The glow is there, on par with my Xenon. Guess I'll have to try it with some B/W film now.