Terms and Rules for Cameraderie Classifieds
- Buy, sell, and trade at your own risk.
- We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted. Always verify the seller's reputation to the best of your ability. Remember that personal/gift payments via PayPal offer no buyer protection whatsoever.
- We do not actively for fraud and we are not responsible for arbitrating any disputes which arise. All transactions are directly between the seller/buyer.
- None of the transactions made on this site are representative of Cameraderie.
- We reserve the right to immediately remove any post for any reason. We reserve the right to exclude any person(s) from use of this site for any reason. No guarantee is made with regards to provision of services.
If your post does not follow these rules, it will be deleted without explanation and may result in permanent loss of access to this site without further warning or explanation.
- "For Sale" listings must include an asking price for every item being sold.
- Any "For Sale" or listings without an asking price will be deleted without comment or opportunity to amend. Giving an astronomical price and adding "or best offer" does not satisfy this requirement. Note: "For Trade", "Want to Buy" and Ebay threads do not have to include a price.
- No discussion of price is allowed in the replies to a listing.
- The only exception to this is that you are allowed to say the equivalent of "Great price!" if someone gives a particularly good selling price.
- You may not in any other way comment on or discuss price in a reply to any listing.
- All comments about price must take place by private message (PM) or email.
- No off-topic discussion in Buy & Sell. For example, don't ask why someone is selling an item. You can private message the poster with such questions, they don't belong in the discussion thread.
- No auctions may be carried out within our site.
- Photography and camera related items preferred. Photography-related topics are the main focus of this site. Classifieds for other items related to cameras and photography, such as camera accessories or processing equipment, is allowed. Computers and tablets that are used to edit/view photos and therefore may be bought/sold here.
- The occasional misc. item posted may be overlooked. Abuse of it will result in the classifieds thread being removed.
- No commercial vendor sales. Commercial dealers interested in advertising on the site should use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
- No duplicate listings. Posting duplicate listings for the same item is not allowed.
- Don't use a lot of caps in your thread title. Don't overuse capitalization to get your classifieds listing noticed. Your thread will be deleted without comment or opportunity to amend. Really, posting in all caps is just annoying and does not help you.
- Don't make a new post to say "Sold" or "Found" when your transaction has been completed. Just mark it as completed. Posting to say that a transaction is finished serves no purpose and bumps your thread unnecessarily to the top of the list where active listings belong. Instead, follow our protocol for marking the thread as completed. If you want to specify something like "Sold to [member name]", edit one or more of your existing posts in the thread instead of making a new one. This must be done prior to marking as completed, which closes the thread permanently.
- Don't ask moderators to open, close, delete or change thread titles. You can edit your title and body of your ad for 72 hours. After that it is permanent. You can add a post to your original thread indicating any necessary update (such as a change in asking price), or you can mark your thread as completed and start a new one.
- Don't post under more than one user name. Some people try to post under multiple accounts in order to bump their own posts, comment on how good their own prices are, or even to give themselves feedback. Abuse of the forum will result in a permanent ban.
- Duplicate member accounts is not allowed unless an explicit exception has been given by Cameraderie. For example, a vendor might request permission to have both a personal account and an account in the name of their business.
- Don't go back and edit your post to remove the price after an item has sold. Leaving your price in the post makes it a valuable resource so people can go back and see what the asking price was at that time. It doesn't necessarily mean you sold for that price or that the value is the same now as it was then, but it is a resource that someone might benefit from. We don't require that you leave this information intact, but we appreciate when you do so.
- Be honest with the condition of the item. Being honest is always the best course of action but when posting an item for sale or for trade be completely honest with the condition it is in. If it has scratches or other damage be sure to say so and include pictures if possible.
Below are some tips to help you with a successful classifieds posting!
- Include photos! Including a photo of the item you are selling or offering for trade will help with your classifieds item being noticed and can help answer questions a potential buyer may have.
- Beware of PayPal policies! PayPal reserves the right to hold payments (see PayPal Holds FAQ). Make sure you understand these terms before you decide to accept payment via PayPal. If you specify payment by PayPal, then a PayPal Hold is not an acceptable reason for failing to ship an item for which the buyer has sent payment.