Rules and terms of service for Cameraderie
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
- No personal attacks or insults allowed.
- Be nice. Rude comments have no place here. If you know an answer to a question, either answer it or say nothing. Giving blunt answers like "Do a search" or linking to ******.com is not allowed.
- Do not troll. Do not bait people with inflammatory posts or make posts for the purpose of disruption.
- Do not repetitively argue. If you have made your argument, move on without trying over and again to have the last word.
- Do not use the forums for illegal activity. This includes but is not limited to posting links to or trading pirated photography-related applications.
- No obscene, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory content. Nudity and profanity are also off limits. More specifically, no nudity, semi-nudity, people in underwear, or people in sexually provocative poses allowed. All content is to be appropriate for all ages of readers in all of the countries from which we have a substantial readership. We want our community to be a place where all of members can feel comfortable to participate.
- Discussion of politics and religion is not allowed anywhere on the site.
- Commercial listings (camera dealers, items for sale, workshop offerings, etc) are not allowed anywhere on the site. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis for site sponsors/advertisers.
- No spam.
- Do not modify and repost a version of anyone else's image without explicit permission to do so.
- The owner and moderator team at Cameraderie may remove, edit, move or close any thread, post, posted image, or other content in the forums or on any other part of this website.
- If you object to a moderator action send a private message to an administrator or the site owner. Do not post your objection in the forum.
- Do not embed your affiliate sales codes in forum posts (instant ban for spamming affiliate links).
- Do not list classifieds items anywhere but the designated forums. All such listings must be in the Buy and Sell section where we have posted the necessary warnings, disclosures, and tips for avoiding scammers.
- All of the rules on this page apply throughout the entire site.
Members retain the full copyright of any content that they post to the Cameraderie community web site. By posting your content to the Cameraderie web site you grant us a nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use, distribute, reproduce, publicly perform, and to publicly display such content on the Cameraderie web site and applications. Your content may be shown on the Cameraderie web site home page and other pages within the Cameraderie web site. Your content may be shared to social network accounts that are controlled by Cameraderie, such as Twitter (@CameraderieOrg) or Facebook (@CameraderieOrg). Without your explicit permission your content will not be used on other sites that are owned by the owners of Cameraderie, will not be used for marketing by the owners of Cameraderie, will not be used for physical products produced by the owners of Cameraderie, and will not be reproduced by the owners of Cameraderie other than as described in this document. [ADDED 2021-12-17]
Additional rules for the Cameraderie Classifieds / Buy and Sell section that must be followed to participate.
- Buy, sell, and trade at your own risk.
- We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted. Always verify the seller's reputation to the best of your ability. Remember that personal/gift payments via PayPal offer no buyer protection whatsoever.
- We do not actively for fraud and we are not responsible for arbitrating any disputes which arise. All transactions are directly between the seller/buyer.
- None of the transactions made on this site are representative of Cameraderie.
- We reserve the right to immediately remove any post for any reason. We reserve the right to exclude any person(s) from use of this site for any reason. No guarantee is made with regards to provision of services.
If your post does not follow these rules, it will be deleted without explanation and may result in permanent loss of access to this site without further warning or explanation.
- "For Sale" listings must include an asking price for every item being sold.
- Any "For Sale" or listings without an asking price will be deleted without comment or opportunity to amend. Giving an astronomical price and adding "or best offer" does not satisfy this requirement. Note: "For Trade", "Want to Buy" and Ebay threads do not have to include a price.
- No discussion of price is allowed in the replies to a listing.
- The only exception to this is that you are allowed to say the equivalent of "Great price!" if someone gives a particularly good selling price.
- You may not in any other way comment on or discuss price in a reply to any listing.
- All comments about price must take place by private message (PM) or email.
- No off-topic discussion in Buy & Sell. For example, don't ask why someone is selling an item. You can [URL='https://cameraderie.org/conversations/']private message[/URL] the poster with such questions, they don't belong in the discussion thread.
- No auctions may be carried out within our site.
- Photography and camera related items preferred. Photography-related topics are the main focus of this site. Classifieds for other items related to cameras and photography, such as camera accessories or processing equipment, is allowed. Computers and tablets that are used to edit/view photos and therefore may be bought/sold here.
- The occasional misc. item posted may be overlooked. Abuse of it will result in the classifieds thread being removed.
- No commercial vendor sales. Commercial dealers interested in advertising on the site should use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
- No duplicate listings. Posting duplicate listings for the same item is not allowed.
- Don't use a lot of caps in your thread title. Don't overuse capitalization to get your classifieds listing noticed. Your thread will be deleted without comment or opportunity to amend. Really, posting in all caps is just annoying and does not help you.
- Don't make a new post to say "Sold" or "Found" when your transaction has been completed. Just mark it as completed. Posting to say that a transaction is finished serves no purpose and bumps your thread unnecessarily to the top of the list where active listings belong. Instead, follow our protocol for marking the thread as completed. If you want to specify something like "Sold to [member name]", edit one or more of your existing posts in the thread instead of making a new one. This must be done prior to marking as completed, which closes the thread permanently.
- Don't ask moderators to open, close, delete or change thread titles. You can edit your title and body of your ad for 72 hours. After that it is permanent. You can add a post to your original thread indicating any necessary update (such as a change in asking price), or you can mark your thread as completed and start a new one.
- Don't post under more than one user name. Some people try to post under multiple accounts in order to bump their own posts, comment on how good their own prices are, or even to give themselves feedback. Abuse of the forum will result in a permanent ban.
- Duplicate member accounts is not allowed unless an explicit exception has been given by Cameraderie. For example, a vendor might request permission to have both a personal account and an account in the name of their business.
- Don't go back and edit your post to remove the price after an item has sold. Leaving your price in the post makes it a valuable resource so people can go back and see what the asking price was at that time. It doesn't necessarily mean you sold for that price or that the value is the same now as it was then, but it is a resource that someone might benefit from. We don't require that you leave this information intact, but we appreciate when you do so.
- Be honest with the condition of the item. Being honest is always the best course of action but when posting an item for sale or for trade be completely honest with the condition it is in. If it has scratches or other damage be sure to say so and include pictures if possible.
Below are some tips to help you with a successful classifieds posting!
- Include photos! Including a photo of the item you are selling or offering for trade will help with your classifieds item being noticed and can help answer questions a potential buyer may have.
- Beware of PayPal policies! PayPal reserves the right to hold payments (see PayPal Holds FAQ). Make sure you understand these terms before you decide to accept payment via PayPal. If you specify payment by PayPal, then a PayPal Hold is not an acceptable reason for failing to ship an item for which the buyer has sent payment.