Rules and terms of service for Cameraderie
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
- No personal attacks or insults allowed.
- Be nice. Rude comments have no place here. If you know an answer to a question, either answer it or say nothing. Giving blunt answers like "Do a search" or linking to ******.com is not allowed.
- Do not troll. Do not bait people with inflammatory posts or make posts for the purpose of disruption.
- Do not repetitively argue. If you have made your argument, move on without trying over and again to have the last word.
- Do not use the forums for illegal activity. This includes but is not limited to posting links to or trading pirated photography-related applications.
- No obscene, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory posts or signatures. Nudity and profanity are also off limits. More specifically, no nudity, semi-nudity, people in underwear, or people in sexually provocative poses allowed. All content is to be appropriate for all ages of readers in all of the countries from which we have a substantial readership. We want our community to be a place where all of members can feel comfortable to participate.
- Discussion of politics and religion is not allowed anywhere on the site.
- Commercial listings (camera dealers, items for sale, workshop offerings, etc) are not allowed anywhere on the site. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis for site sponsors/advertisers.
- Do not spam the forums. Certain self-promotion is allowed (see guidelines below).
- Do not modify and repost a version of anyone else's image without explicit permission to do so.
- The owner and moderator team at Cameraderie may remove, edit, move or close any thread, post, posted image, or other content in the forums or on any other part of this website.
- If you object to a moderator action send a private messate to an administrator or the site owner. Do not post your objection in the forum.
- Do not embed your affiliate sales codes in forum posts (instant ban for spamming affiliate links).
- Do not list items for sale in your signature. All such listings must be in the Buy and Sell section where we have posted the necessary warnings, disclosures, and tips for avoiding scammers.
- All of the rules on this page apply throughout the entire site. Our Buy and Sell section has additional rules which you also agree to follow if you participate there.