The KOA Building, currently owned by the Colorado Department of Transportation, was built in 1934 when KOA Radio moved their transmitter and offices to rural Aurora. This beautiful Art Deco style building housed the first radio station in Colorado, the â€œKing of Agriculture,â€ which transmitted at 50,000 watts. Transmissions were heard from the Canadian border, along the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains, down into southern New Mexico.
Taken with the Canon S95 at 35mm equiv. Processed in LR3.6, Nik HDR and Nik SEP.