Fuji 1 month of living in New York!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
I'll be down on Wednesday7 till Friday night with an X, i hope to shoot EVERYTHING around me as i go between meetings as i won't have much free personal time. All my meetings are to be promptly attended so not much leisure time :p
If you can somehow stay till Saturday, you could attend Summer Streets, where they close the roads off to cars so pedestrians can bike, run, or walk! + they have yoga, Zumba, etc exercise classes along the roads too!

Anyways, hope you have a blast here in NY!!

RT Panther

All-Pro
Dec 25, 2012
Well almost a month.

Been gone for a bit, due to the huge move to New York!
Never did I think moving to a different state would be this hard & expensive..

On top of all this, I took my national boards for Occupational Therapy as well &
proud to say that I passed and now am now a registered Occupational Therapist! :clap2:
Nice wood floor there & congrats on passing the boards! :bravo-009:
Now if you think that move was rough, try it with a family of four...:wink:

Peter Chin

Regular
Feb 2, 2013
I think i will unbox the 100s just to make sure it's working right and there's no funny stuff like someone had reported earlier :p

JYPfoto

Sep 9, 2013
I just joined today so excuse the month old bump, but looks really nice! I can't wait to get my own X100S to shoot. The more I see and read about the X100S, the more I want it. I have terrible GAS. Fantastic to see shots of NYC. Living in NJ I should get to see the city more than I do but I don't sadly. Between the crazy tolls and parking, i hesitate everytime my wife asks to go. I went to the city for the first time in a long time just to walk the streets. I've been married for 2 years now and it was the first time taking my wife there to walk around with her. Plus I wanted my daughter to see the city but sadly for me she slept the entire time there.

Nice to see that you can get places in NY that aren't a shoe box.

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
I just joined today so excuse the month old bump, but looks really nice! I can't wait to get my own X100S to shoot. The more I see and read about the X100S, the more I want it. I have terrible GAS. Fantastic to see shots of NYC. Living in NJ I should get to see the city more than I do but I don't sadly. Between the crazy tolls and parking, i hesitate everytime my wife asks to go. I went to the city for the first time in a long time just to walk the streets. I've been married for 2 years now and it was the first time taking my wife there to walk around with her. Plus I wanted my daughter to see the city but sadly for me she slept the entire time there.

Nice to see that you can get places in NY that aren't a shoe box.
I'm glad you bumped this thread, reminds me of how excited I was about my move to here!

Today was my 1st day of working as an Occupational Therapist, and I was pretty mentally exhausted and even slightly doubting the "NY life".. Today alone, I was in 3 different preschools and 6 homes.. got spit on, sneezed on, and even sat on wet carpet from dog pee :(
While walking to place to place, saw 2 thugs jump a guy.. 2 women about to throw down, and lots and lots of dog poo.. this was all in Harlem.

But tomorrow I'll be in the more affluent part of Manhattan, so it should be better!

You should try to come to the city more often! No matter what, there is something magical about NYC and always something interesting to shoot! :D

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
Getting excited now. Am there for a week from 21st Sept. Anyone up for a meet/shoot/beer (in whichever order)?

My missus is with daughter in law staying in Times Sq area with intent to do Bloomies/Macy's some damage....and touristy stuff.. I am staying in Chinatown for the week and.....bliss.......my time is my own. Cannot wait to re-acquaint myself with the city that got me into street work.

2011 NYC

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beatbox Girls by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

The lost soul of Barbie by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Bikers meet Wedding - Brooklyn by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Suspicion - Manhattan by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

mirror man by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

eyebrows by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

One man and his Hog by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

sly glance by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

pinoydude24

Aug 1, 2013
Sure we can hangout here in NY. Just PM me. By the way, Im still learning to do the photography. Very very amateurish.

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
when i used to live there, my first day there, i witnessed a mugging and the culprit getting caught by nypd. lol

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Yes, hopefully the cops were called!
I think its so chicken s**t that these 2 black guys ganged up on a white guy because "he looked at one of them funny"
Can't stand working in Harlem..!!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Getting excited now. Am there for a week from 21st Sept. Anyone up for a meet/shoot/beer (in whichever order)?
I would offer to hangout but I have a housewarming party to attend..

Hope you have a great time here!! & I really like the bikers with the wedding!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom