Fuji 1 month of living in New York!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Well almost a month.

Been gone for a bit, due to the huge move to New York!
Never did I think moving to a different state would be this hard & expensive..

On top of all this, I took my national boards for Occupational Therapy as well &
proud to say that I passed and now am now a registered Occupational Therapist! :clap2:

Anyways, just wanted to share a few images I captured thus far here, all with the X100s (still have not used my X-PRO1 since summer started..)

1st photo with the start of my life in NY! 1100 square feet in NY, not bad at all.

View attachment 14803
My new place by Taz Spin, on Flickr

In Korea Town

View attachment 14804
Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

View attachment 14805
Chinese Beauties by Taz Spin, on Flickr

On Madison Ave

View attachment 14806
NYC by Taz Spin, on Flickr

In Columbus Circle

View attachment 14807
Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Nice stuff you have there Taz.

I will be there (my fave city.......after my own London) in late September with my x100s and XE/1 for a street shoot and night scape shoot. Looking forward to it.

Nice stuff you have there Taz.

I will be there (my fave city.......after my own London) in late September with my x100s and XE/1 for a street shoot and night scape shoot. Looking forward to it.

Thank you!

In September feel free to contact me, hopefully by then, I'll learn good locations to shoot & will be able to show you!

Thank you everybody for the kind words! Passing the OT boards was definitely a great feelings! Well worth the 4 years of sacrifice..! :)

Congrats, Taz! Can you recommend any good places for food or photography in Koreatown?

As for Korea Town, K-Town has lots of great food places!
For affordable but good food, try Gallery Food Gallery 32.
For Korean style fried chicken, try Bon Chon or Mad for Chicken.
For pastries, shaved-ice, and ice-cream, try Paris baguette or Tous Les Jours.
For a hip bar/lounge try Third Floor Cafe.

There are of course many BBQ places, and traditional Korean style sit down places to eat, but I haven't been to any of those since 2010, so can't recommend anything as of right now.. but once I do try a good place out, I'll let you know!

Hope this helps!!

It's an exciting to live in, isn't it. A lot of photographic inspiration as well. It seems as if you're having fun!
And..congratulations with your registration!
Peter

I have a leisure trip to New York coming up in early September so your pictures are very timely for me. Some good inspirational stuff there, and I was impressed by what appears to be the world's shiniest wooden floor early on. The recommendations for restaurants are also handy as we're staying just a couple of blocks up from Koreatown.

-R

Congrats Taz!

I think I'm one of the very few people who just can't enjoy New York (well, downtown NY). I mean I get it - but it's just not for me. I love the food though, but can't imagine myself on an extended stay there. I guess I'm too country for such big cities.
(Sorry for my unsolicited opinion. :D )

Congratulations! I spent a month in NYC in April of 2012 and it was a wonderful time. I just had a tiny little studio in Chelsea (maybe 200 square feet?) but I had a blast just exploring the city - Manhattan mostly, but a few side trips to Brooklyn. Where do you have 1100 square feet - looks suspiciously green outside your window!

Regardless, have a great time, and congrats again on passing your test.

-Ray

Congrats Taz!

I think I'm one of the very few people who just can't enjoy New York (well, downtown NY). I mean I get it - but it's just not for me. I love the food though, but can't imagine myself on an extended stay there. I guess I'm too country for such big cities.
(Sorry for my unsolicited opinion. :D )

There's more to NY than downtown, so next time you come in, maybe I can show you some of the "better" places?!

During my undergrad days, I only hung out in K-Town, but thankfully my fiancée opened my eyes to the real NYC :D

Congratulations! I spent a month in NYC in April of 2012 and it was a wonderful time. I just had a tiny little studio in Chelsea (maybe 200 square feet?) but I had a blast just exploring the city - Manhattan mostly, but a few side trips to Brooklyn. Where do you have 1100 square feet - looks suspiciously green outside your window!

Regardless, have a great time, and congrats again on passing your test.

-Ray

Yes, 1100 square feet in the heart of NYC was not possible for now.. but hopefully in 2 years time!!

We settled in Bayside, NY which kind of feels like the midwest.. safe, quiet, and a bit boring.. but thankfully, we live walking distance to Bell Blvd, which has lots of bars & restaurants :)

I'll be down on Wednesday7 till Friday night with an X, i hope to shoot EVERYTHING around me as i go between meetings as i won't have much free personal time. All my meetings are to be promptly attended so not much leisure time :p

Back