Fuji 1 month of living in New York!

I'll be down on Wednesday7 till Friday night with an X, i hope to shoot EVERYTHING around me as i go between meetings as i won't have much free personal time. All my meetings are to be promptly attended so not much leisure time :p

If you can somehow stay till Saturday, you could attend Summer Streets, where they close the roads off to cars so pedestrians can bike, run, or walk! + they have yoga, Zumba, etc exercise classes along the roads too!

Anyways, hope you have a blast here in NY!!

Well almost a month.

Been gone for a bit, due to the huge move to New York!
Never did I think moving to a different state would be this hard & expensive..

On top of all this, I took my national boards for Occupational Therapy as well &
proud to say that I passed and now am now a registered Occupational Therapist! :clap2:

Nice wood floor there & congrats on passing the boards! :bravo-009:
Now if you think that move was rough, try it with a family of four...;)

I just joined today so excuse the month old bump, but looks really nice! I can't wait to get my own X100S to shoot. The more I see and read about the X100S, the more I want it. I have terrible GAS. Fantastic to see shots of NYC. Living in NJ I should get to see the city more than I do but I don't sadly. Between the crazy tolls and parking, i hesitate everytime my wife asks to go. I went to the city for the first time in a long time just to walk the streets. I've been married for 2 years now and it was the first time taking my wife there to walk around with her. Plus I wanted my daughter to see the city but sadly for me she slept the entire time there.

Nice to see that you can get places in NY that aren't a shoe box.

I just joined today so excuse the month old bump, but looks really nice! I can't wait to get my own X100S to shoot. The more I see and read about the X100S, the more I want it. I have terrible GAS. Fantastic to see shots of NYC. Living in NJ I should get to see the city more than I do but I don't sadly. Between the crazy tolls and parking, i hesitate everytime my wife asks to go. I went to the city for the first time in a long time just to walk the streets. I've been married for 2 years now and it was the first time taking my wife there to walk around with her. Plus I wanted my daughter to see the city but sadly for me she slept the entire time there.

Nice to see that you can get places in NY that aren't a shoe box.

I'm glad you bumped this thread, reminds me of how excited I was about my move to here!

Today was my 1st day of working as an Occupational Therapist, and I was pretty mentally exhausted and even slightly doubting the "NY life".. Today alone, I was in 3 different preschools and 6 homes.. got spit on, sneezed on, and even sat on wet carpet from dog pee :(
While walking to place to place, saw 2 thugs jump a guy.. 2 women about to throw down, and lots and lots of dog poo.. this was all in Harlem.

But tomorrow I'll be in the more affluent part of Manhattan, so it should be better!

You should try to come to the city more often! No matter what, there is something magical about NYC and always something interesting to shoot! :D

Getting excited now. Am there for a week from 21st Sept. Anyone up for a meet/shoot/beer (in whichever order)?

My missus is with daughter in law staying in Times Sq area with intent to do Bloomies/Macy's some damage....and touristy stuff.. I am staying in Chinatown for the week and.....bliss.......my time is my own. Cannot wait to re-acquaint myself with the city that got me into street work.

2011 NYC

5819927463_a52905a0cb_z.jpg

Beatbox Girls by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768137167_f796af0faf_z.jpg

The lost soul of Barbie by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768136931_62c7f753f4_z.jpg

Bikers meet Wedding - Brooklyn by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768132371_e9ee3a8d5a_z.jpg

Suspicion - Manhattan by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768659328_84a9d8ffd9_z.jpg

mirror man by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768120731_f59427bbf6_z.jpg

eyebrows by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768668988_64467fd80d_z.jpg

One man and his Hog by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

5768117733_58e51a44e9_z.jpg

sly glance by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

when i used to live there, my first day there, i witnessed a mugging and the culprit getting caught by nypd. lol

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Yes, hopefully the cops were called!
I think its so chicken s**t that these 2 black guys ganged up on a white guy because "he looked at one of them funny"
Can't stand working in Harlem..!!

Getting excited now. Am there for a week from 21st Sept. Anyone up for a meet/shoot/beer (in whichever order)?

I would offer to hangout but I have a housewarming party to attend..

Hope you have a great time here!! & I really like the bikers with the wedding!

Back