100 images for nature conservation

Matero

Hall of Famer
Finnish photographer spent one year in an rural island just outside our capitol city Helsinki. I found these fascinating photo story of changing weather and time of the year.
Something to consider on our challenges 🤔

April 2020 - April 2021

I lived on an island in Pellinge, Finland for one year and took photos every day.

I donate the best 100 images for the use of nature conservation.

Images on this page can be used non-commercially for nature conservation purposes and for the fight against climate change. "pmmarkkanen / imagingsea.com" must be mentioned. When using the images you agree the terms of usage.

High resolution version of the images can be downloaded as a zip-folder here.

You can support me by buying a print/postcards or with a price of coffee cup on Patreon.com.

pmmarkkanen​

pmmarkkanen@gmail.com

And the link: Imagingsea.com - A year on the island

Really impressive, thanks for sharing!

As to a similar challenge on this forum, well ... While I personally like the idea a lot, I think that's something for people with loads of time on their hands (or an assignment or brief). While I would certainly encourage it for those capable and willing to try, I certainly couldn't participate or even promise to keep up with it - such a project is a long-term endeavour with lots of careful planning and curation going on behind the scenes and, thus, the need for countless opportunities over a long period of time (plus, to be honest, access to a suitable location and appropriate resources).

However, something like this can't be achieved in the course of a simple daily challenge - I guess it's impossible to keep the standard up this high alongside the daily grind. In my personal view, this needs a degree of dedication I simply couldn't reach (or even reach for) at the time being.

But something of smaller scale or scope - like an image from the same location every day for a longer period of time - might work. That already needs quite a bit of discipline and perseverance ... Again, it's probably not for me, but maybe for others!

M.

OK, it works now. Seems I had a problem with internet connection.
Got already in touch with my provider.
What a fantastic set of photos.

Back