100% Mirrorless 100% Serious Compacts

soundimageplus

Top Veteran
In a post Flash (Gordon) said he drew some inspiration from my musings on using cameras. Well I've certainly drawn inspiration from him and have followed him into attempting to earn my living without a (D)SLR. So I'm now a 100% Mirrorless Camera User and a 100% Serious Compact User.

5735913247_2f9be0245f.jpg

It was a close run thing with the Sony a850 pleading with me to keep it while my brain went through all sorts of contortions, involving thoughts like "I'm not a proper photographer without a big camera." Eventually its left due to a large paypal amount via ebay.

It is actually the first time since I started taking photography seriously that I have been SLR-less, and it will be interesting to see how long I can last. At least Jessops is within 10 minutes and is open 7 days a week, if I need a fix.

Interesting times ahead.

http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2011/05/back-in-2009-i-published-this.html

Well its now my big "Pro" camera, though it feels nothing like what I would associate with that description. I remember Don writing a post about turning up for press jobs with his Leica saying he had "forgotten" his Nikons. I think I'm going to be "forgetting" mine as well. And of course the Canons are being serviced / in the car / with my assistant / in the other case or anything else I can come up with!!

Well its now my big "Pro" camera, though it feels nothing like what I would associate with that description. I remember Don writing a post about turning up for press jobs with his Leica saying he had "forgotten" his Nikons. I think I'm going to be "forgetting" mine as well. And of course the Canons are being serviced / in the car / with my assistant / in the other case or anything else I can come up with!!

Excellent! If Oly would come up with a DSLR style CSC I "might" be tempted to give up my 4/3 DLSR's.
Hard to say for sure though; I really love the unique draw of the e510 as well as its superb ergonomics.
Fact is I tempted to go all Bresson and take it out for some B&W street work with 50mm-e Pancake...

I am planning a once in a lifetime trip to Costa Rica and have about decided to take only mirrorless cameras. It is hard to think of leaving the D7000 behind but I want to travel light. Soundimageplus, I do not see a Ricoh GXR in that lineup. I recently got one and it is a wonderful camera. It is on a par with the X100 in my opinion. I love them both.

Back