Ricoh 11th Ricoh Photo Contest Winner

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Just wanted to share with the other Serious Compact forum members my joy today as I received the following email in regards to the 11th Ricoh Photo Contest:

11th Ricoh Photo Contest

Thank you for entering the 11th Ricoh Photo Contest.

We are pleased to inform you that your work was selected for ”Performance Award” out of 2401 entries. Congratulations!

We would also like to inform you that your photo was selected for “Ricoh Photo Calendar 2012”. We would like to present a copy of this calendar to prize winners and also make copies available for those who want to purchase.

In order to do so, we would like to ask for your permission to use your photo for the calendar.

If you can NOT give us your permission, please let us know by using the reply form shown below by September 30 (Fri). If we do not receive your reply by the above date, we will take it as your agreement on this matter.

In addition, we cordially invite you to the award-giving ceremony and Photo Contest Exhibition. If you are able to attend the award-giving ceremony, please let us know by using the reply form before September 30 (Fri).

Promise to keep us updated on this...and I sure hope you're going to be able to attend the awards ceremony!

I would love to attend as its held in the Ginza District in Tokyo. Been a long time since I was there last. Digital was not a consumer choice at that time. Here's some more of the email with a link to the map for the location:

Ricoh Photo Contest Award-Giving Ceremony

We will hold an award-giving ceremony to present winners with prizes and certificates on October 30 (Sun). Judges for the contest will provide their comments; therefore, we would appreciate if you could attend the ceremony.

Date: Sunday, October 30, 2011.
Time: 12:00 AM to 2:30 PM (The reception desk will be open from 11:30 AM)
(Ginza 5-7-19, Chuo-ku, Tokyo)
Map: Ristorante Porto Faro
Content: Announcement and presentation of each award, Comments by the judges, Commemorative photo shoot, Buffet-style party, etc.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the ceremony.

Please understand that transportation expenses will NOT be provided. :eek:

Too bad about the transportation expenses, but maybe you can hop a private jet that's heading that way. No matter what, it is very exciting and very well deserved. Fingers crossed you can make it, Dorf!

Great work mate and very well deserved.

Can I ask whether the win is rewarded with more than a free Calendar and the admiration of your peers? A camera maybe ;)

Too bad about the transportation expenses, but maybe you can hop a private jet that's heading that way. No matter what, it is very exciting and very well deserved. Fingers crossed you can make it, Dorf!

I've already checked my calendar and I'm working that weekend. Shucks, as I do have enough frequent flyer points to go. Its just that my better half has those reserved for a family trip to Hawaii in the near future.

Great work mate and very well deserved.

Can I ask whether the win is rewarded with more than a free Calendar and the admiration of your peers? A camera maybe ;)

Thanks for the nice comments. The best I can gather from the contest website is this info:

Prizes and Awards

Grand Prize: GXR Camera + Camera Unit (Camera Unit: RICOH LENS S10 24-72 mm) 1 person

Special Prize: GR DIGITAL III Camera + Optional Accessories (Optional accessories: external viewfinder, neck strap) 2 people

Judge's Special Award: CX5 Camera 2 people

Performance Award: Original RING CUBE goods 45 people

*Prize gift items are subject to change without notice.
*People whose entries where selected for use in the Calendar will receive a calendar in addition to the prize listed above.

Back