Color One colour: Blue

pdh

Legend
inspired for this idea for a thread by Malo1961 at mu-43 (martin takes very good photographs indeed, by the way) ... perhaps we could start a thread for each section of the spectrum ... in this case the idea is blue will be dominant ...

believe it or not, this is not a WB effect ... all I had to do to make it look like I saw it was pull the orange back a bit ... not a fine composition, but the chromatic shock of this great slab of colour in a tiny side street made me laugh out loud ... so I thought I would share it

View attachment 32981
E-P2, Lumix 20/1.7, 1/20s, f/1.8, ISO1600

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the contrast with the interior and the entrance way.

P.S. pdh, I'm ashamed to say that it's only on this run through that I've picked up on what I think is a red light over on the left in the window box, maybe? I think it makes this image of yours even more intriguing!

A really nice blue image, Christian. It's gratifying that the graffiti artist chose to use blue paint, as well! Does that word mean something or do you think it's his or her signature?

It's gratifying that the graffiti artist chose to use blue paint, as well! Does that word mean something or do you think it's his or her signature?

I don't know, but I see this everywhere. Shamshir is a kind of sabre (Wikipedia), but I do not see any connection to this, so I think it is his signature. However, I do not see anything else this person sprays, it's always only this signature, never any picture or any other words.

Thank you, Christian. Interesting about the sabre and this graffiti artist. It could be interesting to do a series on the places this signature is scene...or it might not be. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Nearly all blue

2079981409_9381a1eaf8_b.jpg

Great blue themed photographs in here.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to keep up lately with everyone's post and photos but am slowly making my way back. I hate to miss any photographs ever!

Christian, that rust and blue combination is stunning! You do seem to have a missing in action photo above in post #13?

Great shots, everyone. I'll hope to add some!

Christian, that rust and blue combination is stunning! You do seem to have a missing in action photo above in post #13?

Many thanks, BB! Sorry for the missing photograph, but I saw that I had uploaded that photo twice, wanted to remove the second copy, and made a mistake when I edited the post.

Back