Fuji 14,Zone Focus,Time Square

Very cool, Bob. I enjoyed these a lot. I know that place so well and love to shoot there the once every couple years that I have the chance.

I'm familiar with zone focus but not sure what you mean by lock out focus ring zone focus. Could you kindly explain?

Very nice Bob. I particularly like the first "Z" shot and the B&W of the guy walking past the diagonal stairway/railing.

Amin, the 14mm has a manual focus "clutch" ring similar (but not identical) to the rings on the Olympus 12 and new 17mm - I'm quite sure that's what Bob was referring to. It "locks out" auto focus and gives you a very mechanical feeling manual focus experience with the distance scale and DOF scale on the lens barrel.

-Ray

Very nice Bob. I particularly like the first "Z" shot and the B&W of the guy walking past the diagonal stairway/railing.

Amin, the 14mm has a manual focus "clutch" ring similar (but not identical) to the rings on the Olympus 12 and new 17mm - I'm quite sure that's what Bob was referring to. It "locks out" auto focus and gives you a very mechanical feeling manual focus experience with the distance scale and DOF scale on the lens barrel.

-Ray

correct, thanks did not know what else to call it

nicely done, zone seems to be working very well for you here.

Can you share how you chose the optimal distance, or did you set it to hyperfocal?

Would you say that the 14mm using zone focus can be a really nice street photography lens? I haven't decided if i should save for the 18 mm or this one (I would like to shoot street, but I find the 35mm kind of slow)

For me the 14 is perfect, but honestly many here might say the 18 is better for street. You can zone focus with either but it is easier and more solid with the 14

Back