Fuji 14mm Fuji - First two shots

NightBird

Regular
Name
Darren
I Picked up my 14mm Fuji lens last night and took a couple of shots on the way home.

Wow this lens sharp. No need for additional sharpening above the Lightroom default, and I couldn't see any distortion. I can see this lens getting lots of use!

9212748078_a4bd17a3a3_b.jpg

9212741302_df70a3521c_b.jpg

And I have now completed my Fuji kit enough to make my Nikon gear redundant.

Great shots - its an awesome lens. I almost sold it for reasons I can't quite remember, but I'm rediscovering it lately and its not going anywhere!

It seems slightly noisier than the 35 (Autofocus noise), and the aperture ring doesn't quite have the resistance of the 35 which feels slightly better, but the snap ring with scale for AF/MF is fantastic. I'm hoping to get some real use with it next week.

Thanks.

Yeah, the aperture ring is terribly loose - not sure if that's just a first production run thing or if it will be that way on all of them. I'm not using this lens a lot for street so I'm not getting a huge amount of use out of the snap manual focus ring, but I love that feature on the Olympus 12 and 17 and did on this lens when I used it that way a couple of times.

I'm probably gonna wear this lens out on the second half of the trip I'm on right now...

-Ray

I just picked up one last week, lovely lens. My aperture ring is loose as well. I might pick up an o-ring for it to add a bit of friction.

I just picked up one last week, lovely lens. My aperture ring is loose as well. I might pick up an o-ring for it to add a bit of friction.

That's a great idea. I just tried a lowly rubber band in the little gap right in front of the aperture ring and it helps a low. Maybe an O-ring when I can find one to fit...

-Ray

That's a great idea. I just tried a lowly rubber band in the little gap right in front of the aperture ring and it helps a low. Maybe an O-ring when I can find one to fit...

-Ray

Next week I will go to the o-ring store and see what they have that will work. If I find a good one I can mail it to you.

Back