Fuji 16\1.4 or 16-55\2.8?

Any pictures available with the 1.4?

I have the 2.8 zoom myself, because I just have the two lens system. 16-55 and 50-140 and only the one body. Light and compact.

Okay, I'm convinced...

Now onto putting funds together...
Yes, with a youngish family and other responsibilities/ obligations/ priorities, I was never just going to instantly go down to the shop and buy it, so there certainly was a gap between wanting it and eventually buying it - but it's so worth it!

If you're a prime guy, then buy the 16mm f1.4 and you're done. Of if your a zoom guy, get the 16-55mm f2.8 and forget the 16mm f1.4. Undecided; get the 16mm f1.4 and wait six months to see if you really cannot live without the 16-55mm f2.8.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're a prime guy, then buy the 16mm f1.4 and you're done. Of if your a zoom guy, get the 16-55mm f2.8 and forget the 16mm f1.4. Undecided; get the 16mm f1.4 and wait six months to see if you really cannot live without the 16-55mm f2.8.

Good point. I'm pretty set on picking up the 16/1.4 now (as soon as funds allow). If I still have a zoom itch at that point I am going to low-ball and get a 16-50 as my main use for this would be event type pictures for cadets etc.

The 16 is a great lens and don't down play the 16-50 its a very good performer also.

Picked up the 16/1.4 earlier today, took a couple of portraits of the kids then went out later to try it "in the field" (I mean this literally, there is a field in front of our house where we walk the dog).

I'm going to really enjoy working out how to get the most from this lens (Robert Capa comes to mind) but here are a couple of initial try-outs to begin with...

XT1A6420-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
XT1A6424-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back