Fuji 16\1.4 or 16-55\2.8?

Very nice samples.
It's one hell of a lens. I used to be a 1 camera 1 lens type of guy for years (35 1.4), that changed when I used the 16 1.4

If I can ever completely get away from event type shooting, I would love to be 1 camera 1/or 2 lens guy. Maybe someday I will make it to something like a 16/35 or 23/50 kit.

If someone forced me to sell all but two lenses today, I would keep the rokinon 12 and the 35 f1.4. Those two earn their keep more than any others. But if they had to be native lenses, the 16 in a heartbeat, except I don't actually own it.

If someone forced me to sell all but two lenses today, I would keep the rokinon 12 and the 35 f1.4. Those two earn their keep more than any others. But if they had to be native lenses, the 16 in a heartbeat, except I don't actually own it.
My nephew already has a 35/2 and is looking to expand - I am trying to convince him to go 12/2 and not 16-50 (he fancies that as a walk around, which I think would be a mistake).

I'm settled now on the 12/2, 16/1.4, 35/1.4 and 50-230 as my full kit. On trips where I only need/can take two it is going to be the 16 and 35 (sorry 12/2). My only other native Fuji lens is the Samyang 21/1.4 which is starting to feel squeezed out by the others.

If he just wants zoom range AND wants to walk around with it, the 18-55 kit zoom is so, so much better for that. Smaller, lighter, same aperture at the wide end, something like half the price...?

If he just wants zoom range AND wants to walk around with it, the 18-55 kit zoom is so, so much better for that. Smaller, lighter, same aperture at the wide end, something like half the price...?
He's talking 16-50 not 16-55, so he's actually looking at cheaper, smaller, lighter but slower than the 18-55 and no aperture ring.

XT1A6493-Edit-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From walking round the field earlier, practising with the new lens.

A few from a trip to London for a meal with the nice folks from Garmin.

DSCF0043.bw.web.jpg

DSCF0065.bw.web.jpg

DSCF0053.bw.web.jpg

Back