Feedback How do I do that? Settings, profiles and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Although we've tried to cover all our bases in the https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/seriouscompacts-com-faq-47/ which is found in the Site Information, I realize it's easy to over look these places, so I'm posting this here as a sticky for members who may have missed the FAQ, and for those who may have forgotten where it's located.

Once you click on this link Board FAQ, the SC board will be your oyster! No pearls, but lots of helpful information from general forum info, to Settings and Profile features, and more.

You can access your own user profile by looking up at the top right hand of the forum page..to the right of your name and you'll see Notifications, My Profile, Settings and Log Out. Try clicking on them (not Log Out;)), if you haven't discovered them already, and you'll find a quick way in to your personal control panel, etc.

Settings will allow you to make all sorts of changes including editing (or adding) a Signature line. The signature line will show up at the bottom of all your posts, where many of us have chosen to post links to our Flickr, Zenfolio or other sites, and some of us use this as a place to post our real names, etc.

Please, if you have any questions, please see if anyone else has asked and add to their thread and/or begin a new thread.

Some quick links and options from the forums.

Here's another heads up, incase you haven't noticed the headings in the forums' bar...where you'll see there are drop down menus which can take you places very quickly. On this screen shot, they're in white starting with New Posts and running through until you reach the green Donate option.

Attachments

• ScreenShot of forum bar.jpg
    ScreenShot of forum bar.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 264
When beginning new threads - think carefully about your title so as to ensure that people will easily know what the thread is about.

Another big help is to add "tags" to one's thread - look down at the bottom of the page and you'll see "Tags for this Thread" and then over on the right... "Add / Edit Tags". They're very helpful if someone needs to search for a thread or a post.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back