Leica 1936 Leica III with 2 lenses

Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I've decided after some thinking that my analog/film shooting days are long past - and it's time to part with a camera which I inherited that's been in my family for decades. The camera is a 1936 Leica III - aka Leica Model F - a relatively rare black metal body model - and it comes with 2 lenses, a classic collapsible Elmar 50 cm, and a 35mm Canon. It was originally bought by my father, in the early 1950's; it's been used by both him, myself and my two brothers, who are also photographers. Though it may seem overly obvious, this Leica a wonderful piece of photographic history - as well as a still functional camera. It was recently 'tuned up' by a fine German Leica technician down in the Bay Area who did all the classic CLA functions, and also rebuilt a partially deteriorating (cloth) shutter.

Though this camera looks beautiful sitting on my shelf, I want it to be used.

My asking price for the entire package - camera, lenses, viewfinder, case/s - is $950. Or best offer. I know what the camera/lenses are worth. But I also want to make them 'affordable' - and 'buyable' - for a fellow photographer.

1936LeicaIII.jpg

I can provide more detailed information and photographs for anyone seriously interested. But the bottom line is: though not in showroom-perfect pristine/collector condition, this is an old but working Leica in very good condition (for photographers) that's taken a lot of wonderful exposures in its lifetime...and I hope it will take more..

Leica#1.jpg

The front of the camera -

Leica#3.jpg

Seen from the top (note the serial number) -

Leica#4.jpg

The back -

Leica#5.jpg

The bottom -

Leica#6.jpg

The film advance knob -

Leica#8.jpg

The rewind knob -

Leica#9.jpg

The camera with the Elmar lens extended -

Leica#12.jpg

And finally the Canon 35mm lens -

Leica#14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And a few more photos -

A closer view of the camera in its case -

Leica#17.jpg

The case closed -

Leica#19.jpg

The Canon 35mm lens in its individual carrying case, and the viewfinder that comes with it -

Leica#20.jpg

A view looking down at the bottom of the camera with the bottom removed -

Leica#21.jpg

And finally a closer view looking down at the bottom plate, with its original schematic diagram, and instructions (in German, of course) for film loading -

Leica#23.jpg

NOTE: this thread was somehow incorrectly listed (by me) as FT (aka "For Trade") in the Buy & Sell section. It's not FT - it's FS aka "For Sale".
Will consider any and all offers. My goal is to find a new owner for this camera + lenses who will continue its long (7 + decades) tradition of being used, frequently, by good photographers.

Back