1940's style

Iansky

All-Pro
I attended a 1940's event recently and managed to grab some images of the people dressed for the occasion, I used the OMD+75mm for these images and as usual it produced really sharp images.

Style.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thirsty.jpg

Distinguished.jpg

This young lady just had to be photographed as she is so pretty.

Black_hair_2.jpg

Thanks all,

There is a real mix of ages who enjoy the era and are happy to dress either in the uniforms or the clothes from that time and very classy and stylish they were too - none of this what I call " Confused sloth look" with hats on sideways/backwards, the crutch of the trousers around their knees and waistbands around hips with underwear showing!! Cant quite get the attraction of that ----perhaps its just me?

Ian, wonderful to see you here with these photos! I was just thinking about you the other day and here you are.
I feel as though I am standing right there for the event.(y)

P.S. Missed your recent post - no, it's not just you regarding the "sloth look".;)

Hey BB,

Great to see you here as well - have to admit to having left the previous site as it appears have many of the other well know members such as yourself - it seemed to suddenly have some controversial members appear who I suspect were more "armchair experts" than shooters and so as many of the old school had moved and the ethos changed, I moved as well.

I am now on here and also on a UK based Olympus specific site that works very well.

Hope you are still well and shooting those superb images?

Back