Micro 4/3 1st day out with E-PL2 and surprised how good the 14-42 MkII is!!!

Based on the MTFs from your link, I'd say the MkII is quite a bit better at 14mm. I also checked the other Oly lenses, and I found it wonderful that the 14-150 actually scored better than the 75-300 or the 50-150, at least at the extremes (there were no MTFs for comparable FLs at, say, 50mm on the 14-150). Also, the 9-18 is one of their better lenses, at least in center sharpness, though the edges drop off understandably quite a bit.

I am a big fan of the 14-42mm MkI, which is also a real gem. I've been wondering: should I sell the MkI and get the MkII? That would give a slight weight reduction, and would enable mounting of some of the new lens accessories. I would like to compare the MTF charts of the two lenses. But the Olympus America site Zuiko Digital Lenses has the chart only for the MkI, in fact makes no reference to the existence of the MkII.

Is the MTF information for the newer lens available elsewhere?

[edit: answering my own question] The Olympus Asia (English) website M.ZUIKO DIGITAL Lenses | OLYMPUS E-SYSTEM | Olympus Imaging Asia has the MTF curves for both versions of the 14-42mm. The MkII charts better, as you would expect, but the differences are not dramatic.

I am a big fan of the 14-42mm MkI, which is also a real gem. I've been wondering: should I sell the MkI and get the MkII? That would give a slight weight reduction, and would enable mounting of some of the new lens accessories. I would like to compare the MTF charts of the two lenses. But the Olympus America site Zuiko Digital Lenses has the chart only for the MkI, in fact makes no reference to the existence of the MkII.

Is the MTF information for the newer lens available elsewhere?

[edit: answering my own question] The Olympus Asia (English) website M.ZUIKO DIGITAL Lenses | OLYMPUS E-SYSTEM | Olympus Imaging Asia has the MTF curves for both versions of the 14-42mm. The MkII charts better, as you would expect, but the differences are not dramatic.

The main improvement would seem to be faster and silent AF.

Back