Fuji 1st few days with the X100S!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Haven't even touched my XPRO1 after using the X100S!

The AF speed is super fast, my fiancée no longer complains about posing for me :p

Just wanted to share some of my first shots!

1st shot outside with the ND filter

View attachment 13763
Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

1st in the shade

View attachment 13765
Rena by Taz Spin, on Flickr

1st SOOC shot

View attachment 13767
SOOC by Taz Spin, on Flickr

1st modeling shot

View attachment 13769
Kayla by Taz Spin, on Flickr

& 1st time attempting to shoot from the hip

View attachment 13771
Colorful Leggings by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing :D

ahh.. so, probably a ND8 (0.9) filter. that's what i usually walk around with anyway.

this seller keeps saying he shipped mine but will provide the tracking number later. then concluded for me to have a good weekend. :confused:

(Sent from my EVO)

ahh.. so, probably a ND8 (0.9) filter. that's what i usually walk around with anyway.

(Sent from my EVO)

Yes the built in ND is 3 stops, but keep in mind that the camera doesn't shoot above 1/1000sec at f2 so at f2 all you can get is the equivalent of a 1/8000sec exposure. In very bright sun or on a beach/snow you may still need an additional ND is you shoot wide open.

Yes the built in ND is 3 stops, but keep in mind that the camera doesn't shoot above 1/1000sec at f2 so at f2 all you can get is the equivalent of a 1/8000sec exposure. In very bright sun or on a beach/snow you may still need an additional ND is you shoot wide open.

That's cool! I no longer feel the need to get the Olympus E-P5! :D

oooh.. i'm so bugged out. the seller that first told me last friday that the item had already shipped, finally provided me a tracking number. upon reviewing it, it shows the item barely shipped this afternoon. the order wasn't even placed till just a couple hours before the item shipped. all i can do now is just hold my empty grip in the meantime. it's the only one of my accessories that i got before my trip out of town. hopefully there camera delivers while i'm still here at my hotel.

(Sent from my EVO)

oooh.. i'm so bugged out. the seller that first told me last friday that the item had already shipped, finally provided me a tracking number. upon reviewing it, it shows the item barely shipped this afternoon. the order wasn't even placed till just a couple hours before the item shipped. all i can do now is just hold my empty grip in the meantime. it's the only one of my accessories that i got before my trip out of town. hopefully there camera delivers while i'm still here at my hotel.

(Sent from my EVO)

Good luck and hope you get your camera delivered!

I had to change my delivery address twice (in the process of moving to NY from Chicago, so don't have a permanent address right now..) on my order because of the backorder, so I understand the pain you're going through!

what does the rear of your x100s look like? i've been seeing pics of some x100s where the rear has the old x100 layout. were there earlier x100s with the older layout as well?

notice the 5th image here. see how it's clearly a x100s, but the rear shows the old x100 button configuration. the 6th image immediately below it shows a x100s with the new button configuration. i'm a little confused.

what does the rear of your x100s look like? i've been seeing pics of some x100s where the rear has the old x100 layout. were there earlier x100s with the older layout as well?

notice the 5th image here. see how it's clearly a x100s, but the rear shows the old x100 button configuration. the 6th image immediately below it shows a x100s with the new button configuration. i'm a little confused.

I don't have the original x100, but lots of review sites receive pre-production models to test, so that's why it may look different?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x100s/D3S_9479-back-1200.jpg
http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x100/D3S_5203-rear-1200.jpg

that 2nd image with the old layout actually is stamped as x100 on the top plate. the 5th image in the site i linked shows the old layout, but with the x100s stamped on the top plate.

maybe like taz mentioned - it's just a pre-production model of the x100s.

(Sent from my EVO)

taz, i hope you don't mind my sharing my first half hour with mine. had a few accessories with me. rest are back home waiting for me.

uqyjy8ab.jpg

the spec of dust behind the front vf window is bugging me.

(Sent from my EVO)

taz, i hope you don't mind my sharing my first half hour with mine. had a few accessories with me. rest are back home waiting for me.

uqyjy8ab.jpg

the spec of dust behind the front vf window is bugging me.

(Sent from my EVO)

Nope, don't mind at all & congrats with your new camera!! :)

How do you like the grip?!

^
oh, i love it. i'm over 6'5" and so it helps for my hands. i always get a RRS quick release plate for all my cameras and vertical/battery grips. i like how RRS makes them modular (ie: for L-plate, etc.) and even adds a grip for the fuji cameras. i have one for my x-e1 as well. the grip on the x-e1 is a smoother finish while the one for the x100s is sort of matte and rounder. the x-e1 grip feels good, but the roundness of the x100s' grip feels better especially with a hot shoe thumb grip. a hot shoe thumb grip on the x-e1 feels weird for some reason. maybe a different one would feel better.

i need to add some gaff tape around the area of the synthetic leather of my x100s where my nails dig into it. i like how the x-e1 has this rubberized material around that area. oh, also, the bottom plate of the RRS (vs the one from fuji) doubles as an arca swiss-style quick release plate for quick mounting to a tripod. i also like how it still allows easy access to the battery/sdcard. i can even access all of it whilst mounted to my tripod. there's a hole for the speaker port as well.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Back