Fuji 1st Studio Session with the X-T1 using High Performance mode! Blown Away!!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Please ignore my previous post about the low light AF on the X-T1!

I was totally wrong.. Did not know that the X-T1 has a High Performance mode + Pre AF + Face detection mode!
The AF was super fast! Faster than my X100S and faster than my E-P5.

The AF was almost too fast for me with the stationary model, that I actually had to put the camera down and remind myself that there is more to photography, than just capturing the image.

I can happily report that I had zero miss-focuses with the X-T1!

Anyways, my model that I worked with is a published Tattoo model and we were shooting for a magazine submission for April.
Can't show the colored version since the magazine has strict policies about publishing work that has been posted online + its NSFW,
but here's a B&W version cropped closer to be safer :)

12853888933_553d4f87b3_b.jpg

Keri by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Here's another one. Not for the magazine but still Easter Bunny themed.

12853823845_b089ab1969_b.jpg

Keri by Taz Spin, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing and use the High Performance mode for faster AF on the X-T1! ;)

Awesome shots! Really love the background in the first picture. Is this at your apartment or do you have a studio that you use? And you know you could always link us with a warning for the NSFW shots.... :p

I'll need to try HP mode and pre AF with my X-E2. I'm shooting an event later today (candid's mostly) so it should help I'd assume.

Pre-AF may be interesting for action with slower AF lenses that take a longer way to move between major distances, like the 60mm. It could help prime the lens for the distance where the action will take place, reducing the reaction time.

Awesome shots! Really love the background in the first picture. Is this at your apartment or do you have a studio that you use? And you know you could always link us with a warning for the NSFW shots.... :p

I'll need to try HP mode and pre AF with my X-E2. I'm shooting an event later today (candid's mostly) so it should help I'd assume.

It's my apartment, but enough space to use as a studio.
My wife is ok with using our living room as a studio, as long as I wipe down the white leather couch after I'm done with the shoots.

& yes, Pre AF works great on the X-T1! Just don't get alarmed by the constant movement of the lenses though.

As for the NSFW powers, yes I could link them too, I guess :p

Pre-AF may be interesting for action with slower AF lenses that take a longer way to move between major distances, like the 60mm. It could help prime the lens for the distance where the action will take place, reducing the reaction time.

Yes, I think that helps with the AF speed & accuracy, compared to not having that on, on my X-PRO1 :)

Awesome! Taz, off-hand can you comment on how much quicker does HP mode drain the battery? I haven't tried turning it on my X-E2 but might try it sometime after hearing about how you found it really helpful. Thanks!

Awesome! Taz, off-hand can you comment on how much quicker does HP mode drain the battery? I haven't tried turning it on my X-E2 but might try it sometime after hearing about how you found it really helpful. Thanks!

My battery did not die last night during the shoot, so I can't comment on how much more the battery will drain.

Somebody over at DPR, did say that their X-E2 felt hotter? after putting it on HP mode. Not sure if it's true, but my X-T1 did not feel hotter..

I was using HP mode today while shooting the event and it does feel warmer. Although not that much different from high usage in non HP mode. Definitely not hot enough to the point where it was uncomfortable though.

I was using HP mode today while shooting the event and it does feel warmer. Although not that much different from high usage in non HP mode. Definitely not hot enough to the point where it was uncomfortable though.

That's good to know!

Hopefully using the HP mode a lot, doesn't have long term consequences!

Back