2 hour window to buy the K-01 body for $229 and maybe $219 today 4/9 from 12-2pm Pacific.

There will be a two hour window to get this for $229. Adorama sells through the Rakuten marketplace. From 12pm-2pm Pacific there will be a $20 off $50 Rakuten marketplace coupon. That coupon code is IWANT20. So it should be $229.

Rakuten.com - Pentax k-01 16.3 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) - Black - 3" LCD - Optical (IS) - 4928 x 3264 Image - 1280 x 720 Video - HDMI - HD Movie Mode

Also, you can try to shave another 5% off through cashback.

Rakuten cashback - Up to 5.0%. Compare cashback rates.

That would make it $219.

Available in black and yellow.

That's a crazy price for a new camera. I guess I'll take mine down from the buy/sell board, because I won't take that for it (a used one).

That's exactly how I feel about my GF2. I'd be lucky to get $100 for it now. I rather keep it and use it for experimentation. Anyone know how to dissolve the RGB filter off the sensor?

Here's the sad part. This isn't the lowest price. It was lower about a month ago from Beach Audio/Camera. About $150 for the body and $220 for the kit + 40mm.

That's the truth of consumer electronics... which most digital cameras actually are. That's why, with only occasional exceptions, I buy my digital cameras on closeout. Lenses are something else.

That's the truth of consumer electronics... which most digital cameras actually are. That's why, with only occasional exceptions, I buy my digital cameras on closeout. Lenses are something else.

Exactly. Cameras are tech now. Nothing more. The days of buying a K1000 and having it sell for the same price for 20 years is over. I too only buy during clearances or if there's a deal. I can't even remember the last time I paid full price for a camera or a laptop.

Back