Fuji 2013 New Camera Forecast by Nippon Camera Monthly

link0000

Rookie
This is Nippon Camera Monthly forecast of 2013's new release (I stole the image from PentaxForums)

X-Pro2 in May and X-E2 in September. Can't quite make out the thing in April, though.

View attachment 577

Soon-to-be Xer

Attachments

• 160316d1361296276-new-pentax-cameras-2013-a83035f452094dd18d3f7fb23139ed4c.jpeg
    160316d1361296276-new-pentax-cameras-2013-a83035f452094dd18d3f7fb23139ed4c.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 421
If that E-P5 drops the hump and has a built-in viewfinder on the side, there will be panic in the streets

That's what I had been waiting for and the reason I switched to the X E1.
All that and more!

I didn't know that. Doesn't bode we'll for Nikon though; according to this they will have a D400 and a D4.

Yeah...Nikon seems to be the exception. But you'll notice Panasonic jumped from the G3 to the G5. The same with the compact LX series... LX3 to LX5. And Olympus... from the E-PL3 to the E-PL5. I'm sure there are other examples..

It'll be interesting what hardware will they implement in the X Pro-2 other than a modified sensor, Phase detect AF and the split system manual focus (from the phase detect).

Sensor-wise it will be an APSC by Fuji's own admission that the current line up of XF lenses won't work on a full frame sensor, That is unless Fuji decides to release a new line up of lenses that will work on a fullframe sensor which will most likely be counterproductive with their current lenses and bodies.

I wonder what will they (Fuji) implement in the X-Pro 2 (if it is indeed coming out in June) that will entice current users who has learned to work around the X Pro 1's quirks and potential users who usually settle for the XE-1 for the lesser premium.

I reckon the changes and additions has to be "life changing" to get me to upgrade.

It'll be interesting what hardware will they implement in the X Pro-2 other than a modified sensor, Phase detect AF and the split system manual focus (from the phase detect).

Sensor-wise it will be an APSC by Fuji's own admission that the current line up of XF lenses won't work on a full frame sensor, That is unless Fuji decides to release a new line up of lenses that will work on a fullframe sensor which will most likely be counterproductive with their current lenses and bodies.

I wonder what will they (Fuji) implement in the X-Pro 2 (if it is indeed coming out in June) that will entice current users who has learned to work around the X Pro 1's quirks and potential users who usually settle for the XE-1 for the lesser premium.

I reckon the changes and additions has to be "life changing" to get me to upgrade.

In addition to what you wrote (which are all the changes implemented on the X100s and X20, which will hopefully increase the AF performance), I'd like to see at least a couple more user customizable buttons, face detection, interface for wireless remote shutter, WYSIWYG exposure preview in the LCD/EVF, 1/8000 max shutter speed, interchangeable grips, and an EVF with higher refresh rate like the OMD and GH3.

In addition to what you wrote (which are all the changes implemented on the X100s and X20, which will hopefully increase the AF performance), I'd like to see at least a couple more user customizable buttons, face detection, interface for wireless remote shutter, WYSIWYG exposure preview in the LCD/EVF, 1/8000 max shutter speed, interchangeable grips, and an EVF with higher refresh rate like the OMD and GH3.

Is the LCD/EVF not WYSIWYG? In my limited time with the XE-1 it certainly dimmed/got brighter with exposure compensation...I thought that was what it was showing but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Also, is there some physical limitation with mirrorless cameras and the 1/8000 max shutter? I only ask because to my knowledge there has been no mirrorless camera released with this spec.

Is the LCD/EVF not WYSIWYG? In my limited time with the XE-1 it certainly dimmed/got brighter with exposure compensation...I thought that was what it was showing but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Also, is there some physical limitation with mirrorless cameras and the 1/8000 max shutter? I only ask because to my knowledge there has been no mirrorless camera released with this spec.

The LCD/EVF does brighten up (or darken) when using exposure compensation. But in M mode (and in limited situations in the A and S mode), it displays an image of a properly exposed photo, even if it is not. Not a deal breaker, but just a nice thing to have (or at least to have the option of a 100% WYSISWYG).

As for the 1/8000 shutter speed, I have the exact same question as you. I'd have expected the Panasonic GH3 to have 1/8000 given its "pro" target. But it's still limited to 1/4000. However, if I remember correctly, the Nikon V1's electronic shutter is 1/16000!!

As for the 1/8000 shutter speed, I have the exact same question as you. I'd have expected the Panasonic GH3 to have 1/8000 given it's "pro" target. But it's still limited to 1/4000. However, if I remember correctly, the Nikon V1's electronic shutter is 1/16000!!

There is the Samsung NX20 as well, which also uses an electronic shutter to achieve 1/8000.

These are all great things. I especially want wysiwyg exposure preview.

Depending on the split-image manual focus implementation, that could get them a loo-oong way toward a range-finder experience in a fully modern camera. From what I've read, Leica may have lost some of the Kodak sensor magic in the latest M camera. Leaving an opening for an astute Fuji team.

Then too, there's always weather-resistance that we could hope for. Would open up a spot for a sealed lens series too ...

Faster on the draw, faster on the write, more film emulations, maybe a few of the more usable art/filter types from the m43 Olys ... Or, what about a "RangeFinder" picture-feel emulator? (No need to mention the "L" word by name.) With the RF-like split-image manual focus, it could raise quite a few eyebrows, and get more than a few current X-Pro or X-E1 owners to "bite."

Back