2014 Danville Concours D'Elegance

Stephen S

Veteran
Name
Stephen Scharf
Went to the 2014 Danville (Danville, CA) Concours D'Elegance today. Had a good time last year, and there were over 180 entrants this year; it's becoming quite a nice show.

Here's a teaser trailer for y'all to get you started...a silver Dino 206. All images taken with X-T1/23mm or X-P1/14mm and processed in Capture One's new version 8, which I have to say, looks to be producing beautiful results.

Silver-Ferrari-Dino.jpg

Packard Straight Eight grille detail

Packard-Grill-Detail.jpg

This Jaguar XK150 was not only owned by Grace Kelly, but was the last XK150 ever made.
Jag-XK150.jpg

Austin-Healey 100, one of my personal faves at the show this year.
Austin-Healey-100.jpg

Gorgeous Alfa GTV 1750 (with twin-cam motor, of course!)
Alfa-GTV-1750.jpg

The first Chevy Suburban...a 1941 Chevrolet Caryall Suburban
1941-Chevy-Carryall-Suburban.jpg

How about some Cords?

A 1937 Cord 812
White-Cord.jpg

A 1936 Cord 810
1936-Green-Cord-810.jpg

1937 Cord 812 Phaeton
1937-Cord-812-Phaeton.jpg

Last but not least, this lovely 1957 Porsche Speedster
1957-Porsche-Speedster.jpg

Hope you enjoy them. ;)

Two or three of my all-time favourite cars there. That XK... and the "coffin nose" 812 Phaeton... mouthwatering. But there is nothing in the world like a big Healey :)

Lovely set, never seen a Cord before.... I need that Jag though :)

Christilou,
The 1936/37 Cord 810/812s are regarded by many designers as one of the most influential, tasteful and most importantly, beautiful automobile designs ever created. When the first Cord debuted at the 1935 NY Auto Show, it caused such a sensation that show-goers were literally standing on other show cars just to get a glimpse of it. No less than the New York Museum of Modern Art listed it as one of the 10 most significant automobiles of the 20th Century.

The car still looks incredibly tasteful, clean and modern today, almost 80 years after it debuted. You can imagine how it must have appeared to the public in 1936.

IMO, it's a triumph of automotive and industrial design. It's like the Spitfire of automobiles, right guys? ;)

Back