Sports 2018 St. Jude Marathon

Name
Brent
I am honored to work at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Each year we host a fund-raising marathon which was held today. The route goes through my neighborhood so I was able to walk to the event. Following an overnight storm the sun broke through and the weather was beautiful. It was pure joy watching thousands participate in helping our hospital. Here are a few pictures. I am assuming the runner in the 1st picture won but official results aren't announced until tomorrow. At mile 21 he was about 15 minutes ahead of the next runner. Thanks for looking! (Update: The man pictured did win. He is Garang Madut, 23 from Lebanon, TN Finish time was 2.29.04. The woman who finished first is the one in the picture below. Her name is Taylor Hoover Matecki, 31, Pueblo West, CO - with a finish time of 3:05:19. There were 26,000 runners, 40,000 spectators, and 4,000 volunteers)

Leader at mile 15.
SRX02138.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1st female runner to mile 15.
SRX02175.jpg

Thousands of residents line the streets providing refreshments, encouragement, and a party atmosphere.
SRX02265.jpg
SRX02340.jpg
SRX02169.jpg

Banners with services St. Jude provides no charge to patients and families which includes treatment, travel, housing, meals, and life-time follow-up
SRX02242.jpg

Runner between beginning and after treatment banners.
SRX02315.jpg

The leader at mile 21
SRX02224.jpg

Last edited:
Back