23rd Serious Compacts Salon Challenge – Sloe Black, Crow Black - Winner Announced

Still not 100% sure what this means, but this is what I got.

DSC05574B&W.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Purposly made a bit grainy for effect,

Sloe Black

Superb contributions from everyone this month
Could have been more but I’m quite thankful there wasn’t as I’ve had a hard job as it is.
Those that didn’t take part missed out on taxing their little grey cells which maybe a blessing in disguise. For my part my brain hurts especially as Luke set the bar too high with his all encompassing appraisal formula. A benchmark too high methinks.

Here goes..

#3 BBW
Dreamlike. A hidden poem in this. Floats between an Enigma and WTF . A real contender.

#4 Miguel
Really like this. Lovely mood. Good prospects.

#5 Grahamashton
Excellent fit to theme. Back streets of Llareggub. A favourite.

# 6 Kyteflyer
Focus on black. Like the white bits. Is this my favourite?

#12 Grebeman
Lovely. Shame there were no boats otherwise very special. Still a strong contender.

#13 Christilou
Dylan would have appreciated this. Close to his heart. Dylan’s favourite.

# 14 Serhan
A bit out of scale for Llareggub more Orson Welles than Dylan. I want to see more images of this town. Good prospects.

#15 Will
Nice capture. Earns a cigar.

#16 PDH
Fabulous mood. I aspire to this. Teachers Pet.

# 17 LawrenceA
Focus on black. Like the white bits. Is this my favourite?

# 18 Petach
Excellent shot. Could almost be Dylan. A firm favourite.

#19 Donlaw
A hint of Slimey Wet and WTF is this? Could be my favourite.

#20 Big Louis
The new shopping mall in Llareggub. Is this a stalking horse?

#21 Davect01
Pagan almost Celtic. This dark horse could be in the running.

Loved this the first time. Could translate to a struggling poet. Nice humour. A real contender.

#24 ReD
Too close to home. Enough said.

#25 Mnhoj
Superb fit to theme. Three masts makes this even better. Very special.

#26 Dewi Sant.
Skipping his obscure celtic connections Dewi went to Holland. Would have liked to see more of the reflections. (any other photos please?) Nicely done could be my favourite.

# 27 MoBokeh
Lovely dark sombre mood. Very apt. Almost a batik, Almost a charcoal drawing. Not quite a photo. Love it.

The result will be announced shortly

And the very worthy winner just pipping BBW here at the post is a relative newcomer - Dave aka MoBokeh

Congratulations Dave

We look forward to your next challenge

A stand out winner! Congrats to Dave - it falls to you to set the next challenge!

And a big thanks to Roger for a challenging, thought provoking and inspiring theme.

Wow! Thank you very much Roger, and everyone else, for your kind comments.

Being new to this, and seeing so many other images I liked, I really didn't give much thought to winning. I was just happy to get some "thanks" and was pleasantly surprised when Dewi Sant and MiguelATF took the time to post how they liked my photo. Needless to say, while still in a bit of shock, I'm very happy and appreciative.

I can't end this without commenting on Roger's choice of theme for this challenge. I think Lightmancer sums it up well: "challenging, thought provoking and inspiring". Indeed, it was an outstanding choice. My choice will, I'm sure, be mundane by comparison. You are a very tough act to follow.....but follow I will; as soon as I catch my breath.

Back