Holiday snaps

P.H

Regular
Back from a weeks cycling and camping holiday in the North of Scotland, mainly the Orkney Isles with a couple of days in the Highlands riding back to Inverness. We missed the fantastic weather the week before (As everyone kept telling us) we also missed the worst of the storms the days after we left, so typical Scotland, four seasons a day.
This is the stuff I bought my LX5 for, I'm still getting to grips with it, I think I have a basic understanding of the functions and capabilities, yet don't think I'm yet getting the best from it. Most of the time the decisions made in the IA mode produce better results than mine, it's a hard pill to swallow that I may have a camera smarter than me! Though I will keep trying and I haven't even scratched the surface of post processing...
Here's a few I like and there's a few more on my Flicker;
View attachment 37072

View attachment 37073

5766124902_70f1da9825_b.jpg

5766166156_7fe0a5bf3b_b.jpg

If anyone has any pointers to how they could have been better taken, or how I could improve them with processing I'd be glad to hear them.
Thanks

Last night I looked at your other photographs on Flickr - you've got some other really nice pictures in there, too, P.H. I posted over there more than here. I keep coming back to that second one with the tent on the green grass... What a spot you picked!

I really like the last two, the first two have rather unnatural coloured water on my screen but that's not to detract from your photographic eye which is a whole lot better than mine! I love the misty look in the last one, I can almost smell the sea!

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment. And to BBW for the comments on Flicker. I've had a play with the colour of the first two, I think they now look more realistic, which I think improves the tent one but not sure about the brook... Further comments still welcome, I'm here to learn.

5767015303_31aa489467_b.jpg

5767015301_561e4f93d0_b.jpg

not to detract from your photographic eye which is a whole lot better than mine! I love the misty look in the last one, I can almost smell the sea!
I'll take that as a complement, thank you. But I'm not sure, going to beautiful places and pointing the camera at EVERYTHING might better describe my technique! My keeping rate is around one in forty and I'm only reasonably happy with a quarter of those. I would really like to bring that ratio down and won't be content till I have.

Back