Leica 28mm f/2 Summicron ASPH (v1)

asiafish

All-Pro
Name
Andrew
I've wanted one of these for quite some time, was saving, and then the new and improved v2 model came out. After playing with old and new 28 Crons for months and using the old model for a day of street shooting, I finally bought a used copy of the old version. Before this, I've owned the 28/2.8 Elmarit, which I loved on film and on the M Monochrom (underexposed a full stop), but which I often found too contrasty on the M-E.

I should have the lens by Friday, and hope to get out and shoot with it next weekend. Now, to find a substitute for that humongous monstrosity of a hood.

i would love to see some samples. having recently purchsed the hollywood distagon for my pentax, itd be great to compare performance and character.

And here it is.....
(Damn that hood is HUUUUUUGE!)

IMG_0554.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• L1004009.jpg
    L1004009.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 69
Cool image Andrew. I owned the 28mm Summicron twice and sold it both time. For some reason, I just never bonded with that lens. Many people swore by that lens however.

Cool image Andrew. I owned the 28mm Summicron twice and sold it both time. For some reason, I just never bonded with that lens. Many people swore by that lens however.

28mm is not a comfortable focal length for me to shoot, but I love the look from this lens and many photographers past and present that I like use(d) it almost exclusively. Gary Winogrand is probably the best known (I own the same Canon 28/2.8 LTM he used to use) and currently Birgit Krippner's work really has a look that I enjoy. Birgit used the 28/2 ASPH for years, but now has the 28 LUX, which is too heavy and expensive for my use.

Back