Leica 35 1.4 Lux with M9 (high ISO)

Raid

All-Pro
Last evening, Dana went to a school dance, and she dressed up after my wife and I gently encouraged her to look nice. Dana does not like dressing up at all, so this was a "rare event". My wife asked me to take a few photos of her after we brought her back home in the evening. It was dark, so I used the Lux wide open and the M9 was set at ISO 2000 or so. Colors come out unpleasant looking, so I removed all color and I added a slight amount of contrast. In one of the four images (this is all Dana permitted) I added then some red and some yellow for a sepia look. What do you think? Was it worth it?

Lux%2035%20M9%20_-10sepiacrop-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lux%2035%20M9%20_-9BW-XL.jpg

Lux%2035%20M9%20_-12BW-XL.jpg

Lux%2035%20M9%20_-11BW-XL.jpg

I like the first image a lot. She has a bit of a Mona Lisa-esque expression, and the sepia tone works very well. Even the light on her face, particularly the rim light, is interesting and not too flat. The only thing that detracts just a bit is the background and the very light area behind her head because it pulls the viewer's eye away from Dana. But very nice job Raid.

Edit: Would it be possible to crop out some of the light area behind her head and include a bit more in front of her face?

I like the first image a lot. She has a bit of a Mona Lisa-esque expression, and the sepia tone works very well. Even the light on her face, particularly the rim light, is interesting and not too flat. The only thing that detracts just a bit is the background and the very light area behind her head because it pulls the viewer's eye away from Dana. But very nice job Raid.

Edit: Would it be possible to crop out some of the light area behind her head and include a bit more in front of her face?

Thank you for your feedback. The first two photos look a little bit copped because they are copped. I show up in the mirror, so I had to take myself out! I will post tomorrow the full image.

Back