Micro 4/3 35-100 at the Oceano Dunes

Stan

Regular
Name
Stan
More Dunes photos. It's fall, and the fog bank is staying away more often. Without fog there are opportunities for a low sun in the afternoon to hit the sand and highlight the shapes and a patterns.

35-100, GH3, LR5

P1000487.jpg

P1000521.jpg

P1000525.jpg

BirdEye.jpg

Shard.jpg

Attachments

• P1000551.jpg
    P1000551.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 322
These are beautiful. And I know I shouldn't....

In the second shot there's some blurring at the bottom of the image. Is there a reason that may have happened in post, because it almost looks like the lens is a bit de-centered?

Gordon

Another great set of abstracts. I do love seeing these dunes in B&W.

In the second shot there's some blurring at the bottom of the image. Is there a reason that may have happened in post, because it almost looks like the lens is a bit de-centered?

Gordon

Depth-of-field issue from not shooting perpendicular to the plane of the image? There's blurring at the top as well which might support this theory.

Gordon

It's almost certainly short DOF. The shapes are slanted and I was shooting close. I should stop down more! Thanks for noticing!

Another great set of abstracts. I do love seeing these dunes in B&W.

Depth-of-field issue from not shooting perpendicular to the plane of the image? There's blurring at the top as well which might support this theory.

That's it. The hills are slanted, and there's no way for some shots to shoot perpendicular based on the shapes of the landscape. Maybe it's time for an M43 tilt-shift lens!?!?

Back