Fuji 40mm Noktor and the X system?

Crashwins

Regular
I just sold all my stuff - no more 5D3 and lenses...I've done this one before (I know that's not unusual), but I found myself just never shooting. It was too big for street, my kids (paparazzi!), and the I only found good use for it with video, which doesn't seem worth it because I like the GH2 video much better.

I want to get a Fuji body again and with the XT1 out I know the older stuff is heavily discounted. So going for an XP1 or E1. But, I'm not quite ready to buy into the Fuji glass, though I know it's phenomenal, because I'm somewhat curious of where Sony is going. If the A7 comes down a lot in the coming months, maybe I'd switch over to it, maybe not...

Beyond the rant, I'm curious of good quality adapted glass. This really intrigued me with the 40mm Noktor (Voigtlander 40 1.4 | Steve Huff Photo). Really nice results IMO. Does anyone have experience with that lens? Is it sharp wide open, stopped down; any issues? Would really appreciate it. Any other suggestions for Noktors or any other adapted glass? Thanks!

Back