Canon Debunked rumor: Canon EIS 60

I believe this rumor has been debunked.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum (not really a DSLR) or even if this is interesting to the Serious Compacts community. If not, moderators please move or delete this thread.

If this is true, it could really shake up the mirrorless industry!
Canon EIS 60 revealed - high end mirrorless camera with pixel fusion technology

A high-end Canon mirrorless by the middle of next year. This could really light a fire under Panasonic & Olympus, and make them pay attention to the high end. (Sony's NEX is just confirming their attention to the GF/Pen compacts segment.)​

EOSHD.com, which originally published it, at first refused to provide a link to the source - in an open and explicit effort to get more direct hits. I helped them along by linking to them.

A number of commenters on other forums (particularly Canon forums that I do not frequent) then pointed out that the thread in the original Chinese source (Canon EIS) had debunked the rumor, referring to the original poster as a "rumor felon". In fact, xitek.com moved the thread to their "groundless" section.

Reading the thread in Google translation, I'm not sure. The thread seems like a combination of dismissal, enthusiasm, skepticism, and corroboration. In other words, the same thing as you read in the US rumor threads. Since some of the verb order and even personal references get garbled in the Google translation (is LZ=vest=rumorvest?), I was waiting until this weekend. My partner, who has been away for two weeks but returns on Friday, is a Chinese native, so I'm hoping to have a better take on what they are saying by the end of the week.

The substance of the rumor seems eminently plausible to me. Even the less likely items (like the 22Mb sensor, the new sensor technology, and the barrage of announced lenses) are in keeping with previous Canon practice. If (when) Canon does enter this market, I expect them to do so with all guns firing at once, with the intent of getting the same plurality stake here that they have in the DSLR market.

But if this is all one guy's fantasy, the specifics in the rumor are completely irrelevant.

Thanks José. I'm sure this kind of mix happens often but glad to see you're so on the ball and because you are, I do hereby deputize you to be our official unofficial SC Debunker Extraordinaire!:flowers_2:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum (not really a DSLR) or even if this is interesting to the Serious Compacts community. If not, moderators please move or delete this thread.

If this is true, it could really shake up the mirrorless industry!
Canon EIS 60 revealed - high end mirrorless camera with pixel fusion technology

A high-end Canon mirrorless by the middle of next year. This could really light a fire under Panasonic & Olympus, and make them pay attention to the high end. (Sony's NEX is just confirming their attention to the GF/Pen compacts segment.)​

If you already have a m43 system with an extensive lens collection then it would be wise to stay with that system.

Both Panasonic and Oly are moving on, Panasonic have extensive sensor development facilities not to mention LSI electronic chip design.

So even if the Canon rumour were true I don't see it as such a big deal, Panasonic have advanced sensor design under development, besides m43 is already VERY good when used correctly in terms of Photographic usage.

Its more of a level playing field and many new players now produce fine cameras that once were "Electronic" manufactures (Sony Panasonic Samsung)

So too with lenses the new boys can turn out lenses to suit this year just as capably as the old guards in lens design .. so canon to me is no big deal, it was Panasonic and Oly who led the way to small high IQ systems (43 and m43)

Back