42nd SC Challenge - It’s all about GLASS!

michealj

Veteran
Name
Micheal
Thank you Don, for this opportunity to present the next challenge. This time we are going to be occupied with a substance rather than a concept. Glass.
We are impacted by glass every day. There are very few places we can visit, that are void of glass. The subject of this challenge is Glass. Some ideas of what you might look for.

Its creation…
url], on Flickr
View attachment 128614
20070928_R_Fair7064 by Micheal Johnson, on Flickr

At work…
36299866823_d6dff67d12_n.jpg

_DSC4846
by Micheal Johnson, on Flickr

On display…
37112441455_054f0cbb97_n.jpg

_4170746

In the wild…
36942338782_c2e1e46bf3_n.jpg

BlueBall-2614

*** The Rules ***

The challenge will run for two weeks (approximately) and close on the 23rd of September at 10 PM US Central time. I'll give warning/reminders closer to the date.

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon

Attachments

• 36942336742_696fce6f72_n.jpg
    36942336742_696fce6f72_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 36
Thanks to all who participated. Your images were worthy, but there can only be one.

The reflections were all well done.
Christilou - Through the window or door the logo gives location, but I found myself looking at the conversations in the background. Well seen.
Peter - Fun image with the prism effect. Unique, I need to look harder when out and about.
Ricks - So many levels in your image. Well done. The boardwalk through the window and curtain taking one to the water, then back again trying to read the paper in the second window.
Doug - Lovely classics. What treasures, just not what I envisioned with glass.
Sue - Both images hit the mark, with the second being the strongest for me.
Steve - Scientific glass is always interesting. The shapes, sizes, markings, and the side lighting was strong and interesting.

The two that captivated me...
Doug - Magic with mirrors? Stunning image, depth, detail, shapes and the light tying it together.

the Winner
Martin - I just kept coming back to your dirty bottles. Old, grungy, colorful, detailed, and neatly stacked. Lighting is marvelous. Well done!

Thanks you all for the opportunity to play.
Micheal

there is something magic about that shot I see the blue first like a bang in the eye....then all the other colours follow a split second later. Worthy winner Martin.

Back