Fuji X-H1 has arrived

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Oh dear I just couldn’t resist it and a brand new Fujifilm X-H1 rocked up to my door today!

34FDD5CC-7982-49B8-AB2D-CB95F5BAAAF9.thumb.jpeg.9ef28ed76b93b35fa923de9b2a9d3feb.jpg

Initial impressions are are that yes the extra five ounces can be noticed but not detrimentally.

Focusing is quite a bit faster, shutter sound much more subtle, IBIS does make a difference!

Can communicate via Bluetooth or Wireless for remote operation and downloading images to an iPhone. The new grip shape is very good and feels much better and secure even in my small hands. Operation feels very slick and the shutter button is quite sensitive but not overly so, a different feel so there is muscle memory to retrain!

Same battery as the X-T2(126s) the 126 won’t work in the X-H1 or I believe look-a-like batteries either! There is also a touch screen facility but I not tried that out as yet!

The loss of the EC wheel I’ve found to be no loss as the EC button can act as a switch so EC is a doddle to set without the need of holding down the button and turning!

The new style on/off switch is much more robust and positive in action, much less wish washy.

Mostly there is a familiar feel to the rear panel, but it is a bit different.

Finally for this short rundown the X-H1 feels a lot more robust than an X-T2.

regards

Mike G

The grip came as part of the package and included two free batteries! When I get round to it I will post some piccies, be aware though I’m a warm weather kind of geezer. (y)

Another design tweak I’ve noticed is that the VF eyepiece now protrudes further from the rear of the camera! Now I don’t have to squash my nose quite so much. :bravo-009:

Back