Nikon Nikon teaser video for a new MILC...

I remember the teaser videos for what turned out to be the Df, they got me really excited but the end result didn't fulfill the promise - I hope that they aren't making the same mistake this time. I think that they have a lot riding on this release.

What exactly indicates this is mirrorless? I saw the rumor sites saying it's mirrorless, but I don't see MILC terminology anywhere in the Nikon stuff yet. There is an image on the LCD -- maybe that indicates live view? Not sure what else, though?

At this stage of the reveal, I think they would have been better served with a back-lit silhouette of the camera, with either a release date or something like "S O O N" at the bottom of the photo. I'm not a fan of overly drawn out teaser campaigns - the Df videos pretty much lost me after the second video and I was interested in the Df more than this one. I'd be surprised if photos don't leak sometime soon, and we'll get a better view of what's coming.

I really hope they don't half-measure this. IMHO, with what they learned from the 1 series and watching Canon/ Fuji/ Sony, they should be able to produce a winner.

edit - speaking of leaked photos, just dropped by the rumor site. Supposedly the first leaked image of the camera in use.

If they were showing the new body, the one thing that was interesting to me was the lens in video 4 looked like the Nikkor 50mm 1.8G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back