49th SC Photo Challenge - Hope - winner announced (finally!)

Well everyone, I got distracted again... this time by news at work. It seems that I will be out of a job before too long. But as I was planning to retire anyway that's not so bad. It makes you doubt the value of what you do for 8 hours a day, though. Anyway.....

There were some very nice entries. Thanks for your patience in waiting for the winner so we can move on to Photo Challenge 50 (or Photo Challenge L if it were the Superbowl !!)

Honourable mentions to:

donlaw - that's my kind of composition, Don, simple but very effective
Bobby Tingle - let's *hope* that money does some good!
kyteflyer - not sure what the cat is hoping for, Sue, (probably food if I know cats!) but it's a lovely animal portrait

But the winner is (drum roll)......

petach - that's a fabulous capture, Pete. The little girl's pose is wonderful, and her dress and the processing make it look like a 19th century image to my eyes. Could have been used as a promotional poster or similar. So well done and we move on....

Well everyone, I got distracted again... this time by news at work. It seems that I will be out of a job before too long. But as I was planning to retire anyway that's not so bad. It makes you doubt the value of what you do for 8 hours a day, though. Anyway.....

There were some very nice entries. Thanks for your patience in waiting for the winner so we can move on to Photo Challenge 50 (or Photo Challenge L if it were the Superbowl !!)

Honourable mentions to:

donlaw - that's my kind of composition, Don, simple but very effective
Bobby Tingle - let's *hope* that money does some good!
kyteflyer - not sure what the cat is hoping for, Sue, (probably food if I know cats!) but it's a lovely animal portrait

But the winner is (drum roll)......

petach - that's a fabulous capture, Pete. The little girl's pose is wonderful, and her dress and the processing make it look like a 19th century image to my eyes. Could have been used as a promotional poster or similar. So well done and we move on....

Cripes, thanks Martin. Have to get my thinking cap on. Glad you liked it, it was one of those shots in a million that if you missed it ....you would never ever see anything else like it.

Well everyone, I got distracted again... this time by news at work. It seems that I will be out of a job before too long. But as I was planning to retire anyway that's not so bad. It makes you doubt the value of what you do for 8 hours a day, though. Anyway......

Congrats Peter! Nice capture.

Martin, So sorry to hear about your work. I went through a down sizing a few years ago is was up and down for a while. Hope it works out for the best

Great image Peter! And fine entries all around.

Martin, sorry to hear about work. Although it sounds like it won't be a massive change compared to your planned trajectory, it must still be a bummer. May I ask what kind of job it is / was?

Before I move on to the next challenge........I am likely not alone in having noticed that the challenge gathers fewer and fewer submissions. It goes without saying that the quality is always high......but is the appetite still there for it? I am happy to curate the next challenge. Any other views? I will also post this as a separate item.

Great image Peter! And fine entries all around.

Martin, sorry to hear about work. Although it sounds like it won't be a massive change compared to your planned trajectory, it must still be a bummer. May I ask what kind of job it is / was?
If I said software sales management that's probably the nearest description that I can give without going into masses of boring detail. At least I'm not alone. I've just seen the "resource" plan for this bit of the company and it's a 20% cut from last year. Still, at least the CEO will get a bigger bonus so that's alright then...

It always pisses me off when that happens. Cutting costs by making the production process more efficient / reducing waste is worthy of a bonus. Cutting costs by cutting back on staff... not so much. I see how it can be necessary sometimes, but it's hardly an achievement...

Back