Regular

Attachments

• DSCF0915.jpg
    DSCF0915.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 1,058
  • DSCF0886-Edit.jpg
    DSCF0886-Edit.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 916
A couple of shots from a local zoo visit, plus one extra. X-T1 and 50-140/2.8. I like how images pop with this lens.

i-KmjQNLg-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one was shot through some very unpleasant plexiglass. I recovered it as best I could in post processing.
i-rDcDdWS-X2.jpg

Finally one from our own "zoo" - our Keeshond Sammy enjoying his favorite season.
i-qDkTMf2-X2.jpg

So, I went up to the track today and shot go-kart racing at the Tour de Charity event held my Sonoma Raceway's Simracing group. Fun to see some friends again and try out the Fuji XF 50-140 f/2.8 on some karting action! Shot these in Continuous High Speed Drive and Continuous AF mode with the X-T1. My shutter speed here was ranging from 1/320th to 1/400th of a second. Note the tires are nicely blurred out to convey a sense of speed.

Needless to say, I am purdy dang happy with this lens...it's image quality is absolutely gorgeous.

Jack%20Beckman.jpg

This is Maggie Simms. She is probably about 18 or 19 years old, has purple hair and is REALLY fast! One of the top three times of the day.
Maggie%20Under%20Power.jpg

This is "Fast Jack" Beckman, Pro NHRA Drag Racer and one of the nicest persons you could hope to meet. Pretty dang good karter, too.
Fast%20Jack%20Under%20Power.jpg

Look at that image quality...yeesh!
No%202.jpg

NHRA Pro Drag Racer Ron Capps, also an incredibly nice guy, won the King of the Track trophy.
Ron%20Cqpps.jpg

15 year old Milas Mills...this kid is just stupid fast, clocking 1:03s consistently. Needless to say, he was the fastest karter of the day (and at last year's event, too.)
Maggie.jpg

One of the guys in the Main Event.
No%2011.jpg

I pushed the lens pretty hard, doing closing shots, panning shots, closing panning shots, and going-away shots. It performed pretty well for a mirrorless camera that does not have a dedicated AI servo autofocus subsystem.
Jack Beckman in a "going-away" shot
Beckman%20Hairpin.jpg

Here is another side panning shot.
_DSF6976.jpg

Here Maggie is on the power in a closing panning shot.
Maggie%20Panning%20Closing.jpg

And of course, there was some nice dueling along the way...
Karting%20Duel.jpg

Who says you can't shoot peak action sports with a mirrorless camera? ;)

All in all, extremely pleased with this lens; the image qualiity is stunning and the performance of the lens is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back