• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum, join now for free! Welcome! 欢迎! स्वागत हे! ようこそ!

Fuji Showcase 50-230 vs The Circus

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
The 50-230 did really well. Especially with the various lighting conditions. I could've used even more reach at times. But I am pleased with the results.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Plaatje

Veteran
Oct 20, 2014
This lens is even more amazing as I thought!
Very nice photos, I think you captured that Circus atmosphere quite well!

Dave Jenkins

Regular
Aug 6, 2012
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Dave Jenkins
Used the X-T20 with the 50-230 lens again on Sunday to photograph my granddaughter dancing in the ballet "Alice" at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville. The light was pretty dim, so I had to kick the ISO up to 12,800. RAF files processed in basic SilkyPix, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightmancer

Super Moderator
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
I am fortunate enough to have them both. Horses for courses - cost is a factor of course, but if you look at value the gap closes. The 50-230 is my go-to for travel and anything that involves carrying it any distance. The 100-400 is superb for action and wildlife - but it is a beast to lug about.

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
Of the things ahead of the 100-400 on my "if I find a bag of money in the road" list, a good acoustic guitar is way high up it. Cyclocross bike for the wife, light weight commuter bike for me, second Fuji X body of some kind ... 100-400...

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
Side note: two good friends of mine from highschool and college did indeed once find a bag of $ in the road outside their apartment complex, after college. It was something like $4,000 in cash. They split it and gambled with it, I think.

Me, pretending to be religious for a moment: "Matt, don't you think the Lord intended you to do something better with that money?"
Matt: "...I the God knows me better than that."

Lightmancer

Super Moderator
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
Oh there are so many mad money things... I think top of my list for a long time has been a really nicely sorted Land Rover Defender. I've driven the things, I know all the drawbacks, I wouldn't want it as my only transport, but...

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
I chose the reliable, poor man's version of that, Bill... something I'd spend as little time as possible wrenching on, but that had a ton of personality, 4wd, etc.

KBRX8815
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

And hell, the top comes off!

KBRX4601
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

People have begun to catch on, and prices are climbing. But these are still a bargain compared to that beautiful beast up there.

Latest threads

Top Bottom