Fuji Showcase 50-230 vs The Circus

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
The 50-230 did really well. Especially with the various lighting conditions. I could've used even more reach at times. But I am pleased with the results.

_DSF3473-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSF3479-L.jpg

_DSF3485-L.jpg

_DSF3492-L.jpg

_DSF3489-L.jpg

_DSF3499-L.jpg

_DSF3509-L.jpg

_DSF3533-L.jpg

_DSF3560-L.jpg

_DSF3585-L.jpg

_DSF3595-L.jpg

@KillRamsey it totally did. The 50-230 continues to show how good it really is.

Thank you, Kyle and Bill!

It is worth mentioning that the last time I shot at a circus, it was with a Canon 5D2 and Canon 200mm 2.8 prime. These shots blow away the images from the Canon kit.

This lens is even more amazing as I thought!
Very nice photos, I think you captured that Circus atmosphere quite well!

Used the X-T20 with the 50-230 lens again on Sunday to photograph my granddaughter dancing in the ballet "Alice" at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville. The light was pretty dim, so I had to kick the ISO up to 12,800. RAF files processed in basic SilkyPix, BTW.

Marlee-Alice-02_resize.jpg
Marlee-Alice-02 100% Crop.jpg
Marlee-Alice-18_resize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fortunate enough to have them both. Horses for courses - cost is a factor of course, but if you look at value the gap closes. The 50-230 is my go-to for travel and anything that involves carrying it any distance. The 100-400 is superb for action and wildlife - but it is a beast to lug about.

Of the things ahead of the 100-400 on my "if I find a bag of money in the road" list, a good acoustic guitar is way high up it. Cyclocross bike for the wife, light weight commuter bike for me, second Fuji X body of some kind ... 100-400...

Side note: two good friends of mine from highschool and college did indeed once find a bag of $ in the road outside their apartment complex, after college. It was something like $4,000 in cash. They split it and gambled with it, I think.

Me, pretending to be religious for a moment: "Matt, don't you think the Lord intended you to do something better with that money?"
Matt: "...I the God knows me better than that."

Oh there are so many mad money things... I think top of my list for a long time has been a really nicely sorted Land Rover Defender. I've driven the things, I know all the drawbacks, I wouldn't want it as my only transport, but...
59b8f549a5f02_crop_693_525.jpg

I chose the reliable, poor man's version of that, Bill... something I'd spend as little time as possible wrenching on, but that had a ton of personality, 4wd, etc.

32353086135_b832769980_b.jpg
KBRX8815
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

And hell, the top comes off!

35488907973_9ae616a958_b.jpg
KBRX4601
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

People have begun to catch on, and prices are climbing. But these are still a bargain compared to that beautiful beast up there.

Back