Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M (DR)

Mijo

Veteran
I bought this lens awhile ago but the classic M6 that I was using it on had to be returned and I never replaced the classic M6. The goggles associated with this lens do not fit on my M6 TTL (the top plate is too tall), so I can't use the close focus on this lens (which is why I bought this lens to begin with). Does anyone know if the goggles for this lens will fit on the MP? Instead of getting another classic M6 to use this lens on, I'd prefer an MP if the goggles will fit.

There's a post on the backside of the goggles that rests on the top plate of the body, if I remove that post will that be enough so that I can effectively use the close focus on my M6 TTL? Or will the goggles not line up correctly with the RF / VF? I searched around the internet and it looks like the lens has to be modified to work on digital Ms but even then the close focus will not work. I really like the feel of this lens but if I can't use the close focus, I'm not interested in keeping it.

I justed wanted to update this thread in case anyone else has this lens. I removed the post that sits on the top plate, it's only held in place by a screw, and the goggles line up close enough to the RF/VF that it doesn't effect the focus. I shot a couple of close focus frames with the modified goggles on my M6 TTL and compared the negatives with shots taken with the unmodified goggles on my M6 classic and they look the same in terms of sharpness. I'm really excited to be able to use the close focus feature on this lens with my M6 TTL.

Back