Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Sold my 50mm Summilux ASPH to Antonio a couple of months back and go a 50mm Noct from Dale. After a few weeks of using the Noct, I decided dump the Noct because I am whimpy and felt the Noct is just too heavy. Initially, my plan was to just bypass the 50mm but just missed the 50mm Lux. So it is back in my bag again.

This series were taken this morning as we were getting ready to go to church.

14873323714_642a583c59_h.jpg
L1000267.jpg by VINCEKTAN, on Flickr

14689249857_7337347a95_h.jpg
L1000265.jpg by VINCEKTAN, on Flickr

14872719811_ee073aa8b0_h.jpg
L1000264.jpg by VINCEKTAN, on Flickr

Too bad you do not live closer to me.

I could talk you out of selling lenses.

Watch Nemo, think "INTERVENTION!"

You daughter is beautiful. You can never have enough 50s.

Beautiful, Vince! Noct is too heavy for me as well, and the longer minimum focus distance is another shortcoming.

Still I find myself wondering whether I need a 50 at all!

Beautiful, Vince! Noct is too heavy for me as well, and the longer minimum focus distance is another shortcoming.

Amin

The 50mm is just a flexible focal length. For a guy who love to take portrait and have a bunch of short tele, the 50mm Lux is that one that is usually attached to my camera.

Vince

I wonder the same thing since I hardly use my 50 lux. However, when I do use the 50 lux I'm always happy with the results as there is something special about how it renders (particularly wide open).

I just got the 50mm 1.5 Sonnar and I'm really pleased with it's compactness and rendering, however I can't see me selling my 50mm Lux either in fact I may even fall for another 50 at some stage :0

I'm always back and forth between the 50 Sonnar (1937 Zeiss and 1963 Zomz J3) and the Summicron. When not specifically out to shoot people I'll always have the 50 Summicron on my M Mono, but for times when I expect to shoot people such as at gatherings or bars, I will always bring a Sonnar instead. So far I like my uncoated 1937 Zeiss best indoors and the coated Jupiter 3 better outdoors, not sure why.

Back