Fuji 55-200mm firmware update (ver. 1.12)

Ty S.

Regular
In downloading the 55-200mm firmware, ver. 1.12, (from the page that says, v. 1.12) I am getting 1.11. Also, when I try to upload it (w/ lens attached) it tells me that there is no firmware??

[I successfully updated the firmware for the 10-24mm without any problems.]

I'm stumped.

Rico. . . anyone. . .

thanks!

Thanks, mm.

I formatted the card but the upload shows up as the earlier version (1.11) and then says there is no update. Multiple attempts.

Maybe it's the weather.

I recently bought a 55-200 second-hand and had problems updating it as well. Check your camera body firmware first, and make sure that's all the way up to date. Then try to update the lens.

On the 2nd of two XE-1 bodies, it wouldn't work as the body itself was a few revisions back. In fact, one other body was so behind on updates the 55-200 would force an immediate shutdown if I powered it up.

Make absolutely sure you haven't downloaded the same file more than once. Your operating system will add a digit after the filename in brackets. These files will NOT be recognised by your camera. Delete all previous downloads (or choose a different folder) and download a "clean" copy.

So here's what happened. Bill, you were spot on. There was an old file (Feb., 2014) with that same name. Deleted it and tried the download from a different site. Card still showed that it was Ver. 1.11 until I started the upload. I then got another screen saying it was upgrading V. 1.11 > V. 1.12. I'm posting this in case someone else gets confused by the 1.11/1.12 naming thingy.

Thanks for you help!!

Back