Fuji Showcase 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor

rockysan

Regular
Name
Greg Leong
I'm pretty new here and to Fuji cameras, but I'm really liking the IQ and handling of these cameras and lenses. I picked up a Fotodiox adapter for Nikon F lenses. I tried it out the other day and I'm happy with the results. Nothing spectacular and hand held. I have a 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor from the early 1970s and still want to use it. A little beat up cosmetically but still pretty sharp.
Swiss Army 2 (2).jpg

I've recently gotten into the adapted lenses stable and picked up a few, including the Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5.

If you get the chance to pick up a used 105/2.5 - it is totally worth it.

I found the 55mm at a garage sale for $25.00. I would love to have the 105mm, if I can find one at a good price. It would give me more distance from the subject and help with lighting. Yeah, it would be worth it. Thanks.

I found the 55mm at a garage sale for $25.00. I would love to have the 105mm, if I can find one at a good price. It would give me more distance from the subject and help with lighting. Yeah, it would be worth it. Thanks.

I was lucky enough to find a 105/2.5 at a local camera shop for under $100. You might have some luck looking at the used stock at KEH, Adorama.

I'm pretty new here and to Fuji cameras, but I'm really liking the IQ and handling of these cameras and lenses. I picked up a Fotodiox adapter for Nikon F lenses. I tried it out the other day and I'm happy with the results. Nothing spectacular and hand held. I have a 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor from the early 1970s and still want to use it. A little beat up cosmetically but still pretty sharp.
View attachment 30123

I use 24mm AF with aperture ring, 35mm Ai and 105mm F2.5 Ai on my XE2 as well as my Nikons. Get great results. Also Konica Hexanon F1.7 50mm. Another great lens and really inexpensive.

Love the XE2 for the same reasons as you. Have the 16-50 Plastic Fantastic Fuji zoom as well.

Love to see some more photos.

I bought my 105mm at KEH (like new in perfect condition) for $95 then had it Ai'd in the States using John White Ai Conversions (he's a guru on this subject and a really nice guy) AI Conversions for Nikon Lenses: Effective, Fast and Affordable!

He also Ai'd a 35mm F2.8 lens which is a peach.

I've also used a sigma 10-20mm and a 70-300mm Nikon old A/F with aperture ring.

Hope that helps you.

Rocky, (Greg) did you say what Fuji body you were working from?

And-- message to gryphon, those pics are amazing from the Olympus!
I used to have a foot into Olympus and loved it, but I confess I never tried adapting lenses in those days.
Those pics are so crispy-sharp naturally and have a story to tell. The Olympus M43 sensors are so nice.

I had the first digital Olympus Pen, and it lived most of the time with the 14mm pancake from Panasonic on it.
It was a wonderful camera to carry around. I will have another set up like that again some day as a walk around every day camera, just to remind me of the fun I had with Olympus in the past.

Oddly, I seem to have purchased some of my gear "twice". Probably just me, but often I have fallen into the trap of thinking the grass is greener with another system and you find out it's not certainly always the case and come right back to where you were. I guess that's my style of learning (through mistakes!).

Happy shooting you guys. More pics, more pics!!!

Back