Fuji Showcase 7Artisans 25mm F1.8 XF Mount

X-E2, 7Artisans 25mm f1.8, RAF file processed in Lightroom.
. . . David
View attachment 188617
Still working with the 7Artisans 25mm lens as per the "self-quote" above I posted on one of the portrait threads. An amazing lens, especially for the money.
Now I am discovering that it functions quite well as a, well sorta', macro lens. If you have one of these fascinating little lenses please post sample images and thoughts here.
Thanks.
. . . David
Pumpkin Stem Close-up.jpg

I see 7artisans have just announced a 28mm F1.4 lens which, if it's priced similarly to its other lenses, will likely be at least a 10th of the price of the equivalent Summilux(!).

I have 7a 35/f2 on the way from B+H with a Leica mount. This will allow me to use the lens on both my Leica CL and Fuji bodies, both with adapters. Unfortunately with the 7a 25mm with the XF mount it can only be used with my Fuji bodies.
These are interesting options. With the 25mm I really didn't expect the optical quality that I've found. I'm not much of a "pixel peeper". My grassroots sharpness check amounts to looking at my wife's eyelashes at 3X in Lightroom. :rolleyes:
. . . David

I don't care much for sharpness values......those backgrounds are smooth as butter
Yup, I understand ;-). For me optical sharpness is to some extent a given, a baseline "assumable". However, I admit I much prefer to think more about other characteristics associated with various lenses such as bokeh and Zeiss-like "pop".
And yes, I agree, the background on the two images is very smooth. Much more so than I initially expected.
If you folks haven't yet checked out this 7a-related thread in Leicaland I encourage you to venture over. Although it addresses the 7a 35/2 on a digital CL it's still a good read. Some very interesting images too.
7artisans 35/2 on APS-C
. . . David

My 7a 35/f2 arrived this yesterday afternoon from B+H Photo. Initial sense is that it's a "good copy". The lens appears to be very sharp wide open and renders a nice image. Attached are some grab shots from around our home in northeastern Vermont taken yesterday as well as a quick iphone image showing the rear lens optical cell when mounted in a Leica M to L adapter. All images taken with a Leica CL, processed in Lightroom "Classic".

. . . David

43956250260_2107259b3d_c.jpg
Flickr 7a Exports (3 of 12)
by David Ballou, on Flickr

31902357988_7038f86763_c.jpg
Flickr 7a Exports (7 of 12)

44860598765_bbf230c3b5_c.jpg
Flickr 7a Exports (2 of 12)

31902357748_53a25443a4_c.jpg
Flickr 7a Exports (5 of 12)

45723404212_209ba3454b_c.jpg
IMG_0691

I remain very enamored with this lens. Forgetting the $79. price tag for a moment, it outperforms many of the lens I have owned over the years and because it can focus up so closely its versatility is definitely one of its strong points.
With it's XF mount it sorta' lives on the corner of a desk in our living room area mounted up an an X-E2 with wrist strap for quick images.
Our older son sent this Christmas card to us yesterday. I took a quick picture of it and left some room for an added message via Photoshop. Again, it proved to be a valuable imaging making tool.
. . . David
Justin's Card.jpg

X-E2 with 7a Lens.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very cold and icy in northern Vermont right now. 'Finding myself looking around the house for some still-life just to make an image. Tain't portfolio material but just to hear the shutter go off is a "good thing". 7a 25mm f1.8, Fuji X-E2, processed in Lightroom "Classic". The XF mount 7a 25mm f1.8 remains an amazing lens. I wish it came with an m-mount version too.
. . . David
Still Life.jpg

Last edited:
Back