Leica 7Artisans 75mm 1.4 M-Mount lens announced!

Jonathan F/2

All-Pro
Name
Jonathan
7artisans 75mm f/1.25 lens for Leica M-mount specifications and sample photos - Leica Rumors

This lens looks like it's going to very good at a reasonable price. Link also has samples and they look great! 7Artisans said they will also make an FE version optimized for other mirrorless cameras with thicker sensor stacks, but will remain M-mount for universal compatibilty. I recently received my 7Artisans 35mm f/2 M-mount lens and I like this lens much better than their 50mm 1.1 mainly due to the clicked aperture and less dramatic wide open rendering, but still very soft and smooth. I think 7Artisans is improving with each lens they release!

f/1.25 ... better get that RF aligned, then ... But I agree, interesting lens, and very impressive record as of late. I only own the 35mm f/2, but I do like that lens a lot - it punches *way* above its weight and price (which means that it has its own very nice signature while being not that much behind the - still a little more capable - new Voigtländer 35mm f/2 Ultron). The 75mm doesn't look like a lens for me (it's really quite big - not for what it is, though), but I welcome this kind of development. The more serious players in the field, the better for us ...

M.

The specs are in the below photo (missed it before). In comparison Ms Optics 73mm 1.5 is 197g.

s-75mm-f1.25-lens-for-Leica-M-mount-specifications.jpg

The specs are in the below photo (missed it before). In comparison Ms Optics 73mm 1.5 is 197g.

View attachment 196645

608g is definitely more heftier. I also own a Nikon 85mm f/2 AIS and even for an SLR lens it's weighted and sized just right, unfortunately the lens isn't very sharp unless stopped down to 2.8. I'm really hoping 7Artisans does a full frame ultra wide angle next. They already do an APS-C fisheye and a rectilinear 12mm 2.8 lens.

Also I'm glad this group here is a bit more open to other formats and manufacturers! I appreciate the "Leica" street style aesthetic and size advantages of M-mount lenses, but my style of shooting is more tuned to mirrorless cameras and especially using the Techart Pro adapter to get auto focus. :drinks:

Weight (g)730
My Canon 85/1.5 weighs in at 730g. It is 7 elements in 4 groups, dame block diagram as the Simlar 5cm F1.5. Uniquely Japanese implementation of a Fast Double-Gauss.

So this new lens is much lighter than my fast/short telephoto...

Back