Fuji 80mm Macro lens!

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Just had an email from WEX that my new Fujinon 80mm Macro is to be delivered tomorrow, yippee. Hopefully it will be as good as predicted, I’m sure it will. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

The long awaited 80mm arrived today Saturday, good oh.

Impressions so far are good, hefty beast but so far I like the handling it doesn't feel that heavy, the focusing ring is firm to move but smooth. The Aperture ring feel is a bit on the soft side but ok, I would prefer a more positive click, but hey. focusing is fairly fast, not lightning fast but quite quick! Personally I prefer the handling to that of the 90mm.

A quick couple of shots to try my new toy!

80mm.jpg

Yes I know about the dust!

80mm 2.jpg

And me on a fairly good day. :hide:

80mm 3.jpg

Unfortunately, the 80mm appears to be so good, that you see can how much dust is really there in the focus ring of your 23mm. For the love of God, never aim that at any my gear.

I’m with you there Bobby, that’s why I sorta apologised in advance. :D

I’m finding that Fuji lenses do like a bit of dust especially on the focus rings.

Not too shabby, Mike. But I bet it is not nearly as easy to shoot one-handed, as I can do with the 90mm. And since I do not need extreme close-up capabilities, I can do without toting an additional half-pound on my treks.

Back