Leica 90mm Summicron-R

Hi Vince...I am getting some use out of the 1.25x magnifier you sold me. I am wondering what adapter did you use to for the R lens to F mount? Did it maintain any of the automation? I presume the Summicron MF but did ou have any Auto AE ?
Hap

Glad you like the 1.25x. I bought it when I had the Noct but have a hard time with it.

As for the R lens, I used the fotodix adapter which is a mount replacement similar to Leitax and also I installed the chip.
here is a link Leica lens for Nikon cameras
No issue whatsoever with most function but of course, the aperture has to be manually adjusted.

Funny how I got the D810 so that I can have an AF camera but ended up with a 50mm cron, 60 elmarit, 100 apo elmarit and 90 cron. All manual lens. The only AF that I have is the 70-200 VR ii f2.8 which I hardly use.

Very interesting information.

Now that you have the adapter and the Leica lens stable......you need an af enabled film nikon.......like an f100, which you could buy for ridiculous pocket change. Less than the leica magnifier!......just so you could use Nikon af lens. Lots of gas opportunity.

Is there another camera that you use or intend to use those R lenses on?

Hap, I am not too into film lately but I still kept my pristine Nikon F2AS black. I will take a picture of it sometimes with the 90 cron mounted. Not sure if I really need another system however.

Pretty much any time you would want, easy to find an F100 and not have to use your shelf queen......for the price of dinner.

Back