A 78 year old veteran again takes to the Devon lanes

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
This was the oldest bus in this years Kingsbridge bus rally, new to nearby Dartmouth in 1933. It served this area until being withdrawn in 1957. It is now owned locally by the gentleman driving it, Colin who also organises the rally.

There are some more pictures here, Can it really be a whole year - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

1030878.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here it is turning off the main road towards the village of Sherford

1030883.jpg

On its return it goes through Frogmore to the village of Southpool, again a dead end for it

1030887.jpg

Here it is passing through my own village of East Charleton (my cottage is visible on the left in the background) on its way back to Kingsbridge, note that the destination blind has slipped somewhat which often happened with these type of destination indicators.

Barrie

This was the oldest bus in this years Kingsbridge bus rally, new to nearby Dartmouth in 1933. It served this area until being withdrawn in 1957. It is now owned locally by the gentleman driving it, Colin who also organises the rally.

There are some more pictures here, Can it really be a whole year - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

1030878.jpg

Here it is turning off the main road towards the village of Sherford

1030883.jpg

On its return it goes through Frogmore to the village of Southpool, again a dead end for it

1030887.jpg

Here it is passing through my own village of East Charleton (my cottage is visible on the left in the background) on its way back to Kingsbridge, note that the destination blind has slipped somewhat which often happened with these type of destination indicators.

Barrie

Barrie, I don't know where I've been but I surely missed this wonderful 78 year old veteran (bus) series! Can I come and live in your village and bring my dog...and, of course, my husband? What a lovely village - but that bus and especially, for me, your second shot that shows off the pleased looking riders inside is especially great!:drinks:

I'll be heading over across the hall to see more from this 78 year old veteran's ride!

Hi BB,

My neighbours cottage is for sale :), shall I tell him you'll be round for a viewing? Plenty of walks for your dog round here, if it likes water be careful if you go down the estuary, it will either come back wet (if the tide is in) or muddy (if the tide is out) :(

Barrie

Back