A Bag junkie's Nirvana!

I have a variety of Domke , Lowepro and Vanguard bags but I can't say that any has really inspired me enough to recommend them
As I've moved into lighter kit I've preferred not to draw attention to myself and use general purpose bags from Fossil and Rohan.
After my experiences with pickpockets I'm now using a Pacsafe Venturesafe 300 which holds my cameras nicely to my front/side and in a secure enclosure.
Not for DSLRs though!

I just traded in a Billingham For Leica bag, straight across for a TurnStyle 10 on your recommendation Ray. Fits my Leica X1 w/36mm finder, and Sony RX10 nicely, much easier access and well thought out. Thanks for this!

just bought this...

AriBag-4_zps0bf2abd3.jpg

Incase Ari Marcopoulos This messenger style bag has some nice features. Pass through pocket on the front.

AriBag-1_zpse1aa86be.jpg

One handed tightening and loosening shoulder strap made from seatbelt material.

AriBag-2_zpsbaa867c2.jpg

Nicely thought out compartments on the inside with a zipped laptop pocket. Unfortunately, not customizable dividers.

AriBag-5_zps86d96c64.jpg

Side handle to pull the bag from your back to the front for easy access. Also has a rain cover with its own compartment and tripod strap on the bottom.

Forgot about this thread. After living with these turnstyle bags and a couple of Ona bags for almost a year now, I'd say I'm not a bag junkie any more - my bag GAS is dead. The little Ona Bowery holds my Df with 2-4 small primes and is my typical carry for a typical day out. It's kind of just a nicer version of the small Domke (5X????) with a strap that slides along my shoulder a lot more easily. Perfect for a small kit. For a bigger kit, maybe with a zoom or two or a longer/bigger lens, the Turnstyle 10 is easy and comfortable all day. And for a bigger load than I almost ever carry, the Turnstyle 20 is ready and able and still shockingly comfortable. I rarely carry more than fits in the Bowery and almost never carry more than fits in the Turnstyle 10, but the Turnstyle 20 is there for when I want it. I still have a Hadley small, which was perfect for m43 and Fuji gear, but there doesn't seem to be a space efficient way to carry a Df kit in it - the smaller Bowery seems to fit more. So I may part with the Hadley.

But everything else I've gotten rid of, so my closet full of bags is no longer a threat to kill me - it's basically gone. And beyond the Ona and Turnstyle bags, I haven't even looked at another bag in months. I guess I wasn't really a junkie as much as a seeker and now that I've found what I was seeking, the search seems to be over...

-Ray

I guess I was seeking low and high also, but I never could sing that high... Then again, ol' Rog can't anymore either. Great tune.

I'm still seeking my best photographs, but the bag hunt seems to be well and fully over until and unless my gear choices change a lot. And even then, I don't think I'd be going bigger, so what I have now should work for smaller gear too...

-Ray

Speaking as an old mod I have to defend a nice paisley scary .... but otherwise agree (and of course that kind of thing is what got me to buy an Ona bag - because I'm getting long in the tooth for using a vintage adidas bag as my gear bag

my crumpler has become a storage bag too bloody big for too little kit. no good for my medium format so it stores all the stuff i never use. sadly when i got broken in to the thief left it behind and took stuff i use (and funded my Signature line via Insurance)
maybe next time they will grab the crumpler and my Bronica bag and I can fund a 645z kit......

My nx300 kit needs a far smaller bag than the K-5 gear used. Right now I am test-driving one of my hydration packs but a bit more foam is in order :confused: we shall see. The 20-50 and 30mm don't need a bag at all, just body plus 50-200 for now. When the adapted Ks come along the bigger bag is useful.. any nested matryoshka camera bags out there? :tongue:

i recently cleaned out an old cotton messenger and decided i want to use it as an extension of my pant pockets. also, decided to order a tenba camera insert (only one with the perfect dimensions) should i need to toss my camera into it and have some protection.

Back