Film A bit of a scare

One thing I tend to do is not venture into sketchy areas unless they're pretty busy and crowded. I like doing street shooting in vibrant busy places anyway, but even when I'm just wandering around in Philly getting architectural shots or checking out the neighborhoods, for example, there are some areas I'll head into even if there are few people around and other areas I'll only walk into during the day with a fair number of people around. Which doesn't eliminate the possibility of a bad encounter, but I think it probably greatly improves my odds...

-Ray

Another frightening story Milan and I can see why you have no great desire to shoot street. Pretty much anything you photograph has a story feel to it at least by the time you are done processing it so you aren't losing anything in my opinion anyway.

I would say geez, what is this world coming to?, but the world has always been a frightening place, we humans make it so.

Antonio, it seems you did a great job of defusing an imminently volatile situation, thank God.

Back